The Filipina and the CFO

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am frustrated as hell with this Philippine CFO.

For those unfamiliar, the CFO has to give a Filipina permission to emigrate with her foreign spouse.  Apparently she cannot leave the country without it.  I wanted to say we were just leaving on a vacation and coming back but Canada stuck a "PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA" in her passport so its obvious she is emigrating.

We are close to Cebu so she/we made an online appointment for her for 10 days from now.  BUT, they want a completed document submitted online and the barcode given to them to confirm.  WE CANNOT DO IT.   5 times we tried.  Each time we get an error message, EVERYTHING is erased, and we have to subimt all the info again.  Again . . ERROR but they do not say what.  Countless emails and no response.  Cannot phone as my landline only does local calls and calling a landline from a cell phone does not seem to work here.

Anyone done it?  What happens at the airport if she did not do the interview?  This is a clusterfuck of major proportions.

Excuse my frustration but any pertinent comments will help.  Here is the link for people who are clueless like me

https://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

If she hasn't got the slip of paper in her passport she won't be going anywhere.

• Sad 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

May sound silly, Hounddriver, but have you tried filling out the form while on Google Chrome browser?  I say this because, one-by-one, the various banks I deal with online have got to where they will not work unless I'm on Google Chrome.  It has also happened with online payments, and I think it may have happened when we filled out similar paperwork as you for the US embassy.  

Its worth a try. 

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

May sound silly, Hounddriver, but have you tried filling out the form while on Google Chrome browser?  I say this because, one-by-one, the various banks I deal with online have got to where they will not work unless I'm on Google Chrome.  It has also happened with online payments, and I think it may have happened when we filled out similar paperwork as you for the US embassy.  

Its worth a try. 

Worth a try, but on the link they say to use Windows with Internet Explorer.  I have had a problem with Chrome a few times and switched to Internet Explorer, and it worked.  I don't remember the website, but some are still backward and only operate with IE.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We are close to Cebu so she/we made an online appointment for her for 10 days from now.  BUT, they want a completed document submitted online and the barcode given to them to confirm.  WE CANNOT DO IT.   5 times we tried.  Each time we get an error message, EVERYTHING is erased, and we have to subimt all the info again.  Again . . ERROR but they do not say what.  Countless emails and no response.  Cannot phone as my landline only does local calls and calling a landline from a cell phone does not seem to work here.

Where are you now Dave?  Where are you online when you are filling the form?  Your wife needs to figure out a way to call them.  There are ways.  

My wife made her appointment by calling them at the Clark office.  I can't remember why the online appointments was not working, but they were fairly nice when they talked to my wife.  I can't remember about the form.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Where are you now Dave?  Where are you online when you are filling the form?  Your wife needs to figure out a way to call them.  There are ways.  

My wife made her appointment by calling them at the Clark office.  I can't remember why the online appointments was not working, but they were fairly nice when they talked to my wife.  I can't remember about the form.

12 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

May sound silly, Hounddriver, but have you tried filling out the form while on Google Chrome browser?

It has been a crazy train so far.  I not only tried Chrome but I also tried Edge AND, (since Windows 10 allows you to use Internet Explorer if you search the archives on how),  I even tried with Internet Explorer.  Same result each time.

It was extremely difficult to find a phone number for the Cebu office an when we found one the wife got a recording "Out of Service".  We tried two different email addresses that were given to us for info but so far no response.  We even used the tried and true method of contacting them on Facebook Messenger.  My wife is smart enough that she can tell the read that message but did not yet reply.

We shall endeavor to persever in this country where an adult cannot make up her own mind to leave the country without advice from those who never have.  If all else fails she will go in person with screenshots of the emails and failed attempts and see if common sense prevails.  Is there a chance of that happening?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It has been a crazy train so far.  I not only tried Chrome but I also tried Edge AND, (since Windows 10 allows you to use Internet Explorer if you search the archives on how),  I even tried with Internet Explorer.  Same result each time.

It was extremely difficult to find a phone number for the Cebu office an when we found one the wife got a recording "Out of Service".  We tried two different email addresses that were given to us for info but so far no response.  We even used the tried and true method of contacting them on Facebook Messenger.  My wife is smart enough that she can tell the read that message but did not yet reply.

We shall endeavor to persever in this country where an adult cannot make up her own mind to leave the country without advice from those who never have.  If all else fails she will go in person with screenshots of the emails and failed attempts and see if common sense prevails.  Is there a chance of that happening?

You still didn't say where she / you are?

My wife and I are both having a hard time remembering exactly what happened with us, but I do remember that we went to the office after she called them, and I think that is when she made the appointment.  Then we went back on the appointment date.  It was not a big deal to go there twice because Clark is only 1 hour away and we go there often anyway.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It was extremely difficult to find a phone number for the Cebu office an when we found one the wife got a recording "Out of Service"

Didnt I see notices in the past 2 months saying to add a digit to landline numbers now.

• Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You still didn't say where she / you are?

Sorry, I thought that was obvious

living in.jpg

3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Didnt I see notices in the past 2 months saying to add a digit to landline numbers now.

I only ever heard about that in Manila.  We are calling Cebu

https://www.twilio.com/blog/change-philippines-local-numbering-plan

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sorry, I thought that was obvious

I think you went to Canada recently and I didn't know if you were back.

• Like 1