Retirement visa

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

FYI Mike... I renewed my passport a year and a half ago. I did it totally by courier - no visits necessary to any embassy. I just followed instructions on the US embassy website, including using a courier service that they recommend. The courier supplied one day service and was very inexpensive - something like P300 round trip? I don't remember now. And they offered home pick up and delivery service. I opted to deliver and pick up myself because there is not always someone here. The courier company is only .5 km away which helped too.

It took just a few weeks all told. The most difficult part was going to a mall photo studio, wait in line to pay, wait again for photo shots, return an hour later for finished pics, wait while they cut them to size...

Yes, not a problem going that route.

Also, we have Embassy outreaches fairly often here in Subic.  If you want you can do the first part at an outreach.  A bit safer because the embassy staff at the outreach will check everything to make sure it is right, then you pay right there, then you give it to the official embassy courier right there for transport to the embassy.  I don't think the embassy staff wants to transport the passports and paperwork back to the embassy in bulk because they would lose accountability, so they let the courier do it and have a tracking number on each one.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/11/2020 at 8:43 PM, Gary D said:

$1500

That is the correct amount.. refundable of course.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Mitch,

None of your messages are approved please read the forum rules regarding unsolicited sales or services. I know you mean well and want to provide a useful service however you must contact the forum administrator first and please read our rules.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/12/2020 at 2:32 AM, Viking said:

You can find most of the info in PRA:s website.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

I think the fees are pretty high, 1400 $ one time fee for application  and then an aditional 360 $ every year. Depending on your age and income, you also need to keep anything from 1500$ up to 50 000$ in a specified bank.

Agree about the fees being high. Friend of mine is currently cashing his in, said makes no sense to tie up so much money when he can avail of a 6 month tourist visa.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Agree about the fees being high. Friend of mine is currently cashing his in, said makes no sense to tie up so much money when he can avail of a 6 month tourist visa.

Not trying to sell anyone on the retirement visa, but just a couple comments regarding it here:

Yeah... it is pricey with the US$10,000 deposit. Then there is the US$1,500 application fee, plus annual fee of $350? (don't really remember). But now I could get a Filipino driver's license. I can depart and arrive the country unlimited times without fees or the exit security clearance, fingerprints, photos.... For me, it works quite well... But I understand it is not for everyone...

Just some thoughts...

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Not trying to sell anyone on the retirement visa, but just a couple comments regarding it here:

Yeah... it is pricey with the US$10,000 deposit. Then there is the US$1,500 application fee, plus annual fee of $350? (don't really remember). But now I could get a Filipino driver's license. I can depart and arrive the country unlimited times without fees or the exit security clearance, fingerprints, photos.... For me, it works quite well... But I understand it is not for everyone...

Just some thoughts...

For US military retirees it's a great deal. Prove that you get at least 1,000 per month in pay and you're good to go. The Application fee of US$ 1,500 and the processing fee of US$ 1,400 pus the annual fee of US$ 350.00 . Never have to leave the country unless you want to. The amount of money you save from having to update the tourist visa is obvious. :ohmy:

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

The amount of money you save from having to update the tourist visa is obvious.

Why?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Just some thoughts...

Out of interest, when do you get the $10,000 deposit back, or does it have to be retained in the bank here as long as you wish to have the visa?  

Gary D
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Out of interest, when do you get the $10,000 deposit back, or does it have to be retained in the bank here as long as you wish to have the visa?  

You only get it back if you change your visa status, permanently leave the country or die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

The amount of money you save from having to update the tourist visa is obvious. :ohmy:

From my understanding, the annual fee of 360 $, is or more or less the same amount you pay for staying on Tourist visa for a year. Of course it is a benefit not needing to visit the BI so often.

I Think it is great that they have SRRV, but as Tommy said it is not for everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1