Retirement visa

ZenTraveler2020
Posted
Posted

Hi I'm 45 YO.  No Pension but I have some interest in a Retirement Visa.

If I buy a condo, I would qualify for retirement visa is that correct?

If I don't buy the condo it would cost 50K deposit?  If I deposit 50K, does that mean I can't have access to the money?  But I won't be able to access that money, so at least with a condo I would be able to get some value?

I thought I might buy a condo, a place that I could possibly rent out on Air B B and live there part time, and then also get the retirement visa.

What do you guys think about my idea?

Is there a way I can do it cheaper?

Thanks for your help!

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ZenTraveler2020 said:

At the moment I don't think you can do it at all, issue of new visas is on hold due to COVID-19

After all that settles down (which will probably be months and could be over a year) there might still be the 13A probabionary and 13A married to a Filipino spouse long term visas, they're a lot cheaper but you have to be married to a Filipino.

As for the SRRV if you're ex military from a qualifying country the deposit is a lot less.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ZenTraveler2020 said:

Hi I'm 45 YO.  No Pension but I have some interest in a Retirement Visa.

If I buy a condo, I would qualify for retirement visa is that correct?

If I don't buy the condo it would cost 50K deposit?  If I deposit 50K, does that mean I can't have access to the money?  But I won't be able to access that money, so at least with a condo I would be able to get some value?

I thought I might buy a condo, a place that I could possibly rent out on Air B B and live there part time, and then also get the retirement visa.

What do you guys think about my idea?

Thanks for your help!

I think you will find most or all the answers to your questions by going back to the first page of this thread and then reading all the posts all the way to present time.

You should then contact PRA or visit their website to see if there are updates. Like Geoff posted, I don't know either if the moratorium on visas applies to the SRRV.

Good luck!:tiphat:

Edited by Tommy T.

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

And you get tbe SRRV before you buy the condo, not after.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

....they're a lot cheaper but you have to be married to a Filipino.

There's a contradiction in there, Geoff!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

There's a contradiction in there, Geoff!  

:hystery::hystery::6:

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 2/11/2020 at 10:44 PM, BrettGC said:

Given my impending marriage this week I'm still tossing up between the two.

I got mine with the help of an agent who apparently has helped applicants  process a great many visas at PRA Makati. Mine was certainly VERY known ar PRA.

He told me that a great many of his applicants were already married. They got the retirement vias because if ever they had a marital problem the wife could have the 13A cancelled immediately.

So.. no wife no problem.. or No visa attached  to the wife, also no problem.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I got mine with the help of an agent who apparently has helped applicants  process a great many visas at PRA Makati. Mine was certainly VERY known ar PRA.

He told me that a great many of his applicants were already married. They got the retirement vias because if ever they had a marital problem the wife could have the 13A cancelled immediately.

So.. no wife no problem.. or No visa attached  to the wife, also no problem.

No woman no cry.

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I just returned from the local PRA office today.

There is a sign on the door stating that they will not receive or process any new visa applications until the health issue is resolved. If anyone is interested, I can give them an active phone number and/or e-mail address for PRA.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Also, if you're out of the Philippines at the moment, you'll have to wait to get back in...whatever your visa/residency status.

Visa info for Virus.jpeg

• Like 3