Retirement visa

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

What is that?

Basically a lawyers office in the UK takes your documents to the Embassy in London for authentication. Once authenticated it gets mailed back to you then you get it Red Ribboned at the DFA. 

• Thanks 1

brianmurphy49
Posted
Posted

I just googled it. The "red ribbon authentication" is no longer valid since last year. One now needs an apostille or notorized at a consulate.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

Basically a lawyers office in the UK takes your documents to the Embassy in London for authentication. Once authenticated it gets mailed back to you then you get it Red Ribboned at the DFA. 

Ah... Thanks for the info. I don't really need it, but am curious about it. It would appear that the process for UK citizens is a bit more complicated than for us Yanks? I am just glad that it works out for all of us. It is a great visa system. Although it is a bit spendy, it works out and just makes my life so much easier to not have to do the periodic tourist visa trips, not having to show or prove anything when travelling outside the country and not having to worry about the 3-year limit. No, I realize it is not the ideal for everyone, but it certainly works for me!

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Government Authentication which I don't believe the PI is signed up for, they use what is called "Red Ribbon Authentication"  Similar and done through th DFA :tiphat:

And i believe the Red Ribbon thing has now been replaced in all Philippines embasses.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Im sure many of us also struggle to understand the validity of a police clearance from the country where one was born......for some maybe they have moved from their home country to Philippines with no stops in between.

In my case, the last time I spent more than 14 consecutive days in UK was 1981... and yet I get a police clearance from UK, which thankfully doesnt show that I havent lived there for past 30 years.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Freebie said:

And i believe the Red Ribbon thing has now been replaced in all Philippines embasses.

So Brian has already said But thank you for your input :tiphat:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I need to renew my SRRV as soon as the quarantine is lifted. When I go to the PRA office, I will make it a point to verify their procedures and post any changes here - unless somebody else does it first.

In case anyone missed it, there was an error in the SRRV instructions on the PRA website last year. It stated that the applicant needed to obtain police clearance from his/her home country, then visit or submit it to an embassy in that same country. When making my application, they clearly described that all I needed to do was get a police clearance online or mailed from my country, then (the hard part) get it notarized by my embassy in Manila, then follow through with the Red Ribbon authentication  at DFA, also in Manila. They said I could even do it using paid courier service, but I decided the surest way was to do it myself.