Plumbing project

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

In another thread I posted about the problem I am having with my water line.

I was thinking about running some of that white thick walled line, I think it might be a hardened polly pipe, anyway the plumber just quoted 20k to do the 50 meter run, not cheap.

So I was thinking of looking for some thick walled black poly pipe and where it is above the ground run it through some 1 inch galvanised pipe that maybe just maybe stop the brush cutter slicing through it.

Any suggestions please?

graham59
Posted
Posted

Sure...just sleeve it ?

Can you get hold of some scaffolding pipe to run the line through ?

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I was thinking about running some of that white thick walled line, I think it might be a hardened polly pipe, anyway the plumber just quoted 20k to do the 50 meter run, not cheap.

The white pipe is called PPR.  It is great stuff and will last a long time and will not leak if installed properly.  4m length of 3/4" at Wilcon cost p490.  Fittings are around p15.  Maybe p7000 for the 50 meter run.  Unless you are using larger diameter pipe the plumber is making a good profit. 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks, information greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks, information greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, intrepid said:

The white pipe is called PPR.  It is great stuff and will last a long time and will not leak if installed properly.  4m length of 3/4" at Wilcon cost p490.  Fittings are around p15.  Maybe p7000 for the 50 meter run.  Unless you are using larger diameter pipe the plumber is making a good profit. 

Plus 4-5k for the fusion tool. I just bought a reel, 100m I think, of the blue 3/4 pipe. The pipe is fine it's the fittings that are the problem. Were it crosses the drive and the road I put it through 2" orange plastic pipe.

• Like 1