Asawa Ko Issues - The Novela

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, ITGeek said:

Well said!  I've bit my tongue so many times,

Time to act then in my Mind But IT, If you can say these things here to Total Strangers I have to wonder if you have actually sat and said it all to the SO, we all get to a similar stage in our relationships and it is only by talking that you will ever get to the Root cause, maybe, a few days away just you and the Wife will yeald some basis to continue because my Friend, if things don't change they will surely stay as they are :smile: It is easy for us to reply and post our thoughts/advice but only you and she can come up with a solution, Have you honestly sat and thought just what do You want  because only you can answer that, Not harsh talk but realistic :wink: Best of luck with this remembering that no one ever said, life was easy :shades:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Moderator(s), feel free to move this reply to correct forum topic if needed.

In regards to moving, I'm looking for a  simple but good condition/safe brgy 72 sqm2bd/1ba (westerner style bathroom) bahay located in Zambales, preferably along coast between  San Antonio and Iba for under 30k php/mo rent or under 750k php to buy.  I also understand they have PLDT Home Fibr available along that area.  Something important for me is to have high speed internet access for streaming video and video chat with family in US.

I can save $2,000/mo in my US account for 5-6 mo's before moving out.  Renting or lease to own is also option.  I'm looking for a more secluded and peaceful area to live on my own.  That's why I'm avoiding Subic/Angeles areas.

Thanks!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Well said!  I've bit my tongue so many times, but you know how it's all about saving face here in the PI's.  I'm the foreigner living in her family house, surrounded by her family.  So I've avoided confrontation, as you know the foreigner will always lose here in all aspects.  It's their country and also wouldn't be able to outrun her relatives chasing me down with bolo's.  :Caught::571b119686cf7_1(72):

I'v'e been a foreigner living here since 2002. First visited this wonderful country in 1971. You are wrong when you say that foreigners will always loose. Not true. Some people enjoy being a doormat. Are you one of those?:angry_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ITGeek said:

It is my impression should I decide to move out on my own, I would become "shunned" by her family.  However, my hope is to remain and live close by here in the Philippines is that I could still be a part of my son's life.

That is my impression too.  I think you have more options than you allow yourself, especially where your biological son is concerned.  You can do a lot better than hoping to be part of his life.  I don't want to sound harsh, but its time to assert yourself.  Permanent disability and not allowed to work?  Only in the Draconian States of America, but you are no doubt a clever guy and can find a suitable workaround.  Don't let the situation bully you around.  If you do stay in PH as you are planning, I hope you can insist that the two kids AND the asawa will be living with you.  At least until you or unless you are certain she is no longer interested.  But I suspect she will be:grouphugg:     

• Like 3

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

ITgeek,

So you've established some decent timelines here but let me comment on her first child.  As you probably know, most times many Filipinas aren't hesitant to discuss personal things unless they stand to lose face or are ashamed.  I would suggest if you want to know more then have her first child secretly DNA tested.  I'll leave it at that.

Regarding your intimacy with your Asawa this all appears to have started around the time that you were diagnosed with dementia, along with the financial troubles.  There are some rather strange Philippine superstitions regarding various illnesses.  I'm not sure which ones might be coming into play here as I'm not knowledgeable about the area your wife is from but a couple of questions an d comments.

1) Is she pretty religious?  If so I would recommend having a couples session with her priest.  She may be willing to discuss things in that environment.  Insist on no other family present.  You sound like the type to want to solve your problems without an intermediary, but a priest might be a great option

2) Do you suspect she may be having an affair?  Does she suspect that you may be having an affair.  Almost as a general rule most Filipinas are insanely jealous.  Even general suspicions on her part may be causing a tampo tantrum.😀.  If you have any suspicion she is having an affair, we'll that should be easy to find out.

In large part it sounds like the family dynamics are causing a large part of the problems.  Stop supporting them.  And when you want to take your wife somewhere for some alone time insist on not taking along an entourage.  I know your living there with them but talk to the wife about leaving there together with the kids.  And the two island or 8 hour rule comes to mind.

I think personally that a move out on your own at this point isn't advisable until you've put your foot down about a few matters and have exhausted your possibilities.

Edited by Balisidar
Spelling, clarity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

So I talked to my wife and she thinks that your Nueva cija girl (my wife is tagalog) is using you for her family.  My wife says this area is made up of poor farmers. Just to put some things in perspective, my wife and I have been married for thirty four years and we've had a few fights about supporting her family so we've compromised in giving money.  Bottom line we don't give much.

My wife also thinks your wife is messing around.

She was pretty frank on the subject and thinks your wife wants your money, not your heart.  She said your wife has no heart. She said be careful.  She also said she feels sorry for you 😢.

That's her Filipina take on things.  😂😁

Edited by Balisidar
  • Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Yikes. Tough luck, brother.

Good advice abounds. Gotta love this forum.

• Like 2