Asawa Ko Issues - The Novela

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yeah we just have to suffer...being all of 7 miles from the beach... but how often do those who live nearer to one actually spend time on it ... for all the extra expense ? :whatever:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's where we go...the river, within walking distance of our house, and warm, crystal clear water...ideal for the kids.  :thumbsup:

(Pic from yesterday)

DSCN8510.JPG

Edited by graham59
  • Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Maybe try renting a house in Cabanatuan and ask your wife to move there? Partly your own fault for moving in with her family in the first place to be honest. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, graham59 said:

Here's where we go...the river, within walking distance of our house, and warm, crystal clear water...ideal for the kids.  :thumbsup:

(Pic from yesterday)

DSCN8510.JPG

I'd never allow my kids to play in a river here unless it was in the very high mountains. Remember, most people can't even afford a septic system.

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Guy F. said:

I'd never allow my kids to play in a river here unless it was in the very high mountains. Remember, most people can't even afford a septic system.

That looks like a spoils heap dumped in the background. Our son and 5 friends from the UK just after before Christmas went canyoneering in Kawasan Falls, nearly wrecked their vacation have the sh.ts for 3 days afterwards. 

Edited by Gary D

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gary D said:

In the provinces 30k per month should get you something pretty decent. Don't forget that as a foreigner you can only own a condo and 2m is not going to get you much if anything.

I believe that is not completely correct, Gary? A foreigner (me for example) can own any improvements on land, such as a home. We foreigners just cannot own the underlying land. But you are quite correct that, these days, 2 m will not buy much of anything - at least if you are anywhere near a larger city. Maybe in the provinces a decent home could be built, but then I would think that the construction quality might be a bit lacking due to sparse quality labourers and imagine the logistics for obtaining and delivering materials? I don't know this for a fact, just using a bit of logic from my experiences and observations so far...

I am finding it is expensive and a hassle to have materials and some services delivered to the new home location which is 17 km from the city center of Davao... Yeah, there are suppliers out in the direction of the home, but not so many and the selection is also not as good...

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Don't walk away, RUN AWAY. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are studio condos available in CDO between 1.5 million and 2 million but they're not built to western finish standards (just basic stone bench kitchen and you have to fit your own divider and paint).

Also you would have to do first hand inspections to sort the chaff from the wheat and CDO isn't exactly most peoples first choice to live , for a start it's in the orange travel area and secondly it's Mindanao.

But getting even a basic condo in more popular areas is going to be difficult given your budget I suspect...  I'd be thinking about renting for a while.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Thanks, but I'm not an ignorant, irresponsible fool....and you have no idea what the water quality is in that river.  

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

That looks like a spoils heap dumped in the background. Our son and 5 friends from the UK just after before Christmas went canyoneering in Kawasan Falls, nearly wrecked their vacation have the sh.ts for 3 days afterwards. 

So, you are able to attribute their sickness to having been as a result of being in contact with that water ?

You are  clever man sir. 

As for your response to my  post....again, a comment based on ignorance.

It is a pile of CLEAN stones, waiting to be taken away.

I recommend you don't visit any beaches or rivers in your home country or here in the Philippines ... lest you perish from some awful disease. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1