Pronounce Enamel paint

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I say chaps, mustn't upset the old apple cart, so shake hands, there's a good fellows and we all can be friends.

Tally Ho chaps.......:tiphat:

But can you say it with a stiff upper lip? :shades:

• Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Mister?

What came out as "mI TUR", was her pronunciation of an affectionate "My Dear".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Thanks, MotCL...  I had difficulty sleeping last night while I pondered that word (those words)... Now I can relax and take a nap....:smile:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

You're most likely correct, since Universal Pictures probably often used American script writers for the screenplay dialogue. 

That said, this 1942 film story and the screenplay itself was written by Bertram Millhauser and Lynn Riggs. Maybe they were British, maybe not.  Bertram is not a  very common American first name, so who knows.

A quick google search says both are American - I rest my case my good man!  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

But can you say it with a stiff upper lip?

With a stiff what, Mike?:whistling:

Had to say it... it just slipped out...

Edited by Tommy T.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Let's not forget for our part in this topic, how many of us have the ability to speak a second language, let alone write or read it?

I was waiting for my wife to finish her massage session in a local Thai Massage Parlour.

The young Thai Lady when answering the phone spoke very good English, when I complemented her on her phone manners

she replied "it is English spelling I have difficulty with" none the less to be applauded.:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Let's not forget for our part in this topic, how many of us have the ability to speak a second language, let alone write or read it?

I was waiting for my wife to finish her massage session in a local Thai Massage Parlour.

The young Thai Lady when answering the phone spoke very good English, when I complemented her on her phone manners

she replied "it is English spelling I have difficulty with" none the less to be applauded.:thumbsup:

I was waiting outside the place where my GF was getting a massage. A girl walked up to me and said that she would do anything I wanted for P2,000..I said OK paint my house!:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I was waiting outside the place where my GF was getting a massage. A girl walked up to me and said that she would do anything I wanted for P2,000..I said OK paint my house!:laugh:

I had the same offer - I wasn't as demanding as you, AK, so i just asked her to paint the porch.  My goodness, that car was never the same again!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I had the same offer - I wasn't as demanding as you, AK, so i just asked her to paint the porch.  My goodness, that car was never the same again!  

I agree Porsches

don't look that good when hand painted.:no: My spelling sucks..:smile:

Edited by Arizona Kid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wife just reminded me of the time she discovered Reebok was not pronounced " re-book".  She likes shoes and she likes to shop, so this came as a shocking revelation!

Edited by Marvin Boggs