Culture of FLEX

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There is a local argument on Facebook about why municipal  offices open at 0800 but no one starts work until 0830.  It is called FLEX.  Apparently it is a bylaw here.  The employees have the right to show up any time between 0800 and 0830 due to the traffic problems.  Obviously no one bothers to show up at 0800 and do all the work so they do not start until 0830.  They "say" that means the employees stay an extra half hour for showing up late but lets see . . office hours 0800 to 1700.  Employees start work at 0830 . . and they are gonna do what after 1700?

Funny how common sense is not in evidence here.  Clients can get there at 0800 but the employees cannot . . due to bad traffic . . which the municipality should fix . . but no one is working at the municpal offices.  You cannot make this stuff up.  Well I suppose Laurel and Hardy could.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

That's funny, because our employees know we open at 8, and that means the place already needs to be clean and functional.  So they better show up at 7:45.  Most of the time they do!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Seems there really is a law about this.  I cannot link to it and before someone with a brain deletes it I will upload the pdf file.  Only open it if you really want.  But this is the kind of stuff people just don't believe until they study it.

MC No. 25, s. 2019.pdf

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

we open at 8, and that means the place already needs to be clean and functional.  So they better show up at 7:45.  

Hope you pay them from 7.45 then.

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny how common sense is not in evidence here.

I don't remember where I read about it, but their was a collage Professor in a Manila university that would lock the door to his classroom at 9am sharp. Anyone showing up later was not allowed in. In a few days he had a 98 percent attendance rate.:thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny how common sense is not in evidence here.

Common sense is not so common. Mark Twain.:laugh:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I don't remember where I read about it, but their was a collage Professor in a Manila university that would lock the door to his classroom at 9am sharp. Anyone showing up later was not allowed in. In a few days he had a 98 percent attendance rate.:thumbsup: 

I have a friend from England who was a chef and teaches here.  He tells his students the first day that an employee will insist they show up on time and he will not allow students to be late.  The next days class and all following the door gets locked. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted

At least, there's still some people working in the government offices during lunchtime, thanks to DU30.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jack D said:

At least, there's still some people working in the government offices during lunchtime, thanks to DU30.

Just to clarify, Jack... Are you referring to the girls sitting at their desks chowing down their "snacks" (look like three course meals to me) with heads down and buried in their cell phones doing FaceBook? The ones who look annoyed when someone asks for assistance or service?:89: Definitely a bit of sarcasm here...sorry...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Are you referring to the girls sitting at their desks chowing down their "snacks" (look like three course meals to me) with heads down and buried in their cell phones doing FaceBook?

Nah, the ones who are working at the windows accepting forms, payments, etc.

• Like 2