Culture of FLEX

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Speaking of lunch breaks.  A couple years ago I went the local Gaisano to buy some stuff.  This particular store has 11 little food stall areas built into one side of the store.  As I was leaving I saw an "Closed for Lunch" sign at one of the counters.  I checked the time and it was 12:15.  I started counting as I walked out and 7 of the 11 stalls were closed for lunch.  Only in Da Philippines :tongue:

• Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Just to clarify, Jack... Are you referring to the girls sitting at their desks chowing down their "snacks" (look like three course meals to me) with heads down and buried in their cell phones doing FaceBook? The ones who look annoyed when someone asks for assistance or service?:89: Definitely a bit of sarcasm here...sorry...

I hear you Tom, but maybe they are actually at lunch?  The "No Noon Break" policy doesn't mean no break, just not everyone going at the same time.  

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

The "No Noon Break" policy doesn't mean no break, just not everyone going at the same time.  

It should mean that.  In my experience at LTO Dumaguete it means everyone ignores clients from noon to one while the employees eat and chat with each other.  Other offices are better.  BI in Dumaguete keeps someone at the desk over lunch.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It should mean that.  In my experience at LTO Dumaguete it means everyone ignores clients from noon to one while the employees eat and chat with each other.  Other offices are better.  BI in Dumaguete keeps someone at the desk over lunch.

Yep...It's mixed here in both BI and BIR - BI seems much better.  LTO I have no experience of. 

• Like 1