Jump to content
Kuya John

Knock on effect of the virus

Recommended Posts

As if the virus in itself is not bad enough, what we are now seeing is racism creeping in against people of Asian background.

It has occurred in parts of UK and I'm sure elsewhere in Western countries without doubt!

This is yet another wake-up call in the Global Community, the sooner we realise we are all in the same boat the better.

Talking of which a Cruise ship which docked at Hong Kong is now subject of a investigation for Corona-virus and quarantined in Japan

The people repatriated to UK Braise Norton by plane where transported 170 miles to the local hospital my wife works at.

Members of staff were given less than 24hrs to pack their belongings and were transferred to hotels near-by, while their staff accommodation block was turned into isolation units for those arriving back in UK from Wahan! .........Questions to be asked as why a journey of 170 miles was required.

Japan quarantines 3,700 on cruise ship over new coronavirus

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

As if the virus in itself is not bad enough, what we are now seeing is racism creeping in against people of Asian background.

It has occurred in parts of UK and I'm sure elsewhere in Western countries without doubt!

This is yet another wake-up call in the Global Community, the sooner we realise we are all in the same boat the better.

Talking of which a Cruise ship which docked at Hong Kong is now subject of a investigation for Corona-virus and quarantined in Japan

The people repatriated to UK Braise Norton by plane where transported 170 miles to the local hospital my wife works at.

Members of staff were given less than 24hrs to pack their belongings and were transferred to hotels near-by, while their staff accommodation block was turned into isolation units for those arriving back in UK from Wahan! .........Questions to be asked as why a journey of 170 miles was required.

Japan quarantines 3,700 on cruise ship over new coronavirus

I cover from corby down to Luton for the NHS , there is nothing in this area that is ready to deal.with such an emergency, there is one hospital close to bedford that is intended for disaster over spill but not isolation .

This virus is more deadly than the powers that be are willing to.admit to ,theres a video circulating and in it there is a chinese medical professional trying to warn the world , she states that 90,000 cases allready in china and the deaths are much higher

There are research labs all over the world trying to find a vaccine, and no doubt a few governments and pharmaceutical companies rubbing their hands at the prospect of financial gain

I belive that they all have been sent to a specialist hospital in Newcastle, the same one that dealt with the Ebola virus

Dont fool ourselves this could take out 5% of the world population, and cause a global recession, 

Google the spanish flu and have a look at the photos of the dead on carts

I do not support  racism, but unfortunately everyone with eastern features will be seen.as a potential virus carrier , I personally have not seen any examples of it but ,I hope it does not get out of hand if you.are experiencing it 

Edited by bastonjock
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I've seen so much of the hate coming from Filipinos towards Chinese.  Even some of my neighbours are almost spitting when talking about the Chinese.  They hate them with vengeance. 

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a tricky subject, so I'll lay down a different thought.  I suspect fear of being branded racist was a factor that prevented travel restrictions and procedures from being implemented sooner.  I posted the other topic on Jan 21, wondering if the virus would get treated with the same seriousness as the swine flu.  Once it is PEOPLE spreading disease rather than animals, look how difficult it is for lawmakers to act quickly and decisively.  They don't want to offend.  Just yesterday I read Carrie Lam still won't close the border or stop all the travelers from mainland China.  Of course, at some point it is too late anyway.  PH already has infected people, and I suspect it will keep spreading.   

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Dont fool ourselves this could take out 5% of the world population, and cause a global recession, 

 

I'm taking bets. No way it could be over 3%, and I doubt it will be more than 1%.

YeaRight.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

I'm taking bets. No way it could be over 3%, and I doubt it will be more than 1%.

Even 1% would be a huge pandemic... that would be 77 million people (more than the population of Great Britain).

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is looking more serious and deadly than I imagined. I read an article about one of the original Chinese doctors in Wuhan who sounded the alarm - then was ostracized and detained by police for his "rumourmongering." The same article shows a photo of that same doctor - 35 years old - in a critical care section of a hospital with oxygen mask to help him breathe.... 35 years old!!! Apparently he is slowly recovering, but he has been sick for over a week. This all frightens me...

I finally found that article again,...here's the link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/chinese-doctor-who-was-silenced-now-has-coronavirus/ar-BBZCFn6

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest threat isn't the death ratio but the numbers who will catch it if it gets out of hand.  As you can be contagious with no symptoms unlike the cold etc it could spread to everyone.  Your average healthy person appears to recover but those with underlying illnesses or weak immune systems are the ones dying.  Add to this is could smother the already poor health system here and make it harder for other illnesses to be treated.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I think the biggest threat isn't the death ratio but the numbers who will catch it if it gets out of hand.  As you can be contagious with no symptoms unlike the cold etc it could spread to everyone.  

It's THE SAME as with cold or flu. You will be contagious before you have symptoms.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Even 1% would be a huge pandemic... that would be 77 million people (more than the population of Great Britain).

 

 

That's assuming everyone in the world catches it. I don't know what a realistic sample would be, the Spanish flu was about 30%.

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...