Knock on effect of the virus

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Guy F. said:

I not saying this is divine retribution, but it's starting to look a little like divine retribution.

Jesus did describe wars, famines, earthquakes and the like as coming like "birth pains" as the end times near.  I take that to mean, more frequent, with increasing intensity. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

.but where are all the deaths?

I forgot to include this run-on thought before:

Remember, the duration of this virus is still quite short - a couple of months only? If the numbers we all see are even close to accurate, this thing is spreading worldwide quite quickly - and no one seems to know quite how and why. Current death counts and rates are still inconclusive.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

To me, what's so creepy about this virus is that nobody seems to have a handle on it.

Nobody is sure about transmission methods.

Nobody is certain how long the incubation period lasts.

Nobody knows why some people remain unsymptomatic and some get it worse than others.

And it can come back and bite you in the ass more than once?

Nobody knows if it is mutating.

Nobody yet has come up with a sure-fire preventative vaccine.

And worst of all, nobody knows how to kill it!

What you say is true Tom.

We do know all virus will mutate over time.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We had an all leader meeting at work Friday about contingencies our company will take when the virus becomes active in each geographical area we have facilities. Note, the word used was "When".

The basic plan is two week + closure all employees absences will be excused. Depending on what country or state unemployment benefits would be available.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Old55 said:

What you say is true Tom.

We do know all virus will mutate over time.

giphy.gif

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

If the numbers we all see are even close to accurate, this thing is spreading worldwide quite quickly - and no one seems to know quite how and why.

Can you not understand a 14+ day asymptomatic incubation period and air travel?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Seems no one can:

Chinese health officials previously estimated that the incubation period for the virus ranged from one to 14 days, but recent research suggests it could be as long as 24 days.

The US and many other countries have established quarantine rules for travellers from Wuhan based on that 14-day window.

So there are cases where people are spreading the virus AFTER they get out of quarantine.  In addition there are people spreading the disease wiithout ever showin the symptoms.  (That info and the above quote are in the article below)

https://www.sciencealert.com/researchers-confirmed-patients-can-transmit-the-coronavirus-without-showing-symptoms

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Hobbit112 said:

Who what when? Yes, not so easy

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Based on what I've been informed, the 'novel' coronavirus can only be lethal to those over 65 years old or people of all ages with weakened immune systems.

I'm not really sure yet if that is true, since the virus (as previously stated) will mutate in ways that could make it much more problematic than what the 'experts' are currently saying.

This whole situation reminds me of the movie, 'World War Z.' :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack D said:

Based on what I've been informed, the 'novel' coronavirus can only be lethal to those over 65 years old or people of all ages with weakened immune systems.

The Doctor who first reported the virus in China died of it and he was in his 30s and otherwise healthy...

• Thanks 2