Knock on effect of the virus

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I saw a report today on the news of empty supermarket shelves in Australia, cleared out of tissue , and other stuff ,but not food ,yet 

The number of infected people is up to 36 in the UK 

I think that it's either luck or lies ,with regard to the numbers in tourist hotspots such as Thailand or the Philippines 

Quite amazing considering China & Korea are rank 1 & 2 for tourists here with direct flights from Wuhan aswell.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My co worker has been given a job to fit hand sanitizer  dispensers to every wall way in this medical center I'm in 

Went into an electrical wholesaler this morning, the shelves are full of bacterial soap and hand sanitizer, there's also the usual stuff 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

This morning a number of schools were closed due to potential exposures. The governor has declared a health emergency for Washington State.

It’s here and has been for awhile now so nothing much to do but enjoy the ride. 

Update 3PM, six dead in the Puget Sound area.

Edited by Old55
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I saw a report today on the news of empty supermarket shelves in Australia, cleared out of tissue , and other stuff ,but not food ,yet 

I am thinking I should buy an extra tabo or three before they are sold out. :tongue:

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Old55 said:

It’s here and has been for awhile now so nothing much to do but enjoy the ride.

Just across the Strait of Juan de Fuca I believe we have it here too; and people are in denial.  It is flu season, so people think nothing of wandering about in public coughing and sneezing and there are more than the usual amount doing so.  I overheard one ole lady comment to her friend "Oh great, now I probably caught the Coronavirus from that coughing old fool".

No one is getting checked at the doctor as they blame any symtoms on the normal flu . .  at the moment.  And no one is taking any precautions as they do not yet believe it is here or that it is really serious.  We are all "dying" to find out.  (Half the people in this area, including the ones I wrote about, are over 50.  It is a retirement community).

We stay at home, but sometimes it is necessary to go out for groceries.  That's when we noticed the bad "flu season" here,

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack D said:

Many Filipinos are so superstitious that they prefer not to think of anything that involves 'What if?... because they truly believe that thinking about negative things will make them actually come true.

Are you saying it doesn't work that way?  :tongue:

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It's starting to sound like it's safer in rhe Philippines.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Gary D said:

It's starting to sound like it's safer in rhe Philippines.

It's more fun here...right?

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Are you saying it doesn't work that way?  :tongue:

2A6D36CD-AC56-46FF-8B23-5F13CA48DC45.jpeg

• Haha 2