Knock on effect of the virus

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The humour is appreciated but I am more worried about the Pope.  That old codger would be seriously affected if he came down with it.  And think of all the world leaders he may have passed it to.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/coronavirus-vatican-city-first-covid-19-case-health-clinic-12509840

And all the money from the Vatican that would need to be spent or moved???

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It looks like an 86 yr old American in Ortegas has been confirmed with the virus.  No further information but it would be interesting to find out if he had a carer that passed it on to him. 

I can't find the article now but I think I read that he had traveled to Japan and they think he may have contracted it there.

Found it but it was South Korea not Japan.

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/3/9/Coronavirus-cases-Quezon-City-Philippines.html

<snip>

The 86 year-old American national who traveled to the US and South Korea was brought to the Medical City in Ortigas,

<end snip>

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Panic buying 

BB1EF823-C3D6-4316-9A29-FD0DA37078F2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

S&R seemed totally stocked today.  But I don't think we were the only ones buying cleaning supplies and more toilet paper.

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mike J said:

>

The 86 year-old American national who traveled to the US and South Korea was brought to the Medical City in Ortigas,

Blimey....I'll be grateful if I'm still alive and capable of catching a plane.... at 86.  

olddude.gif

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Watching the news and tv debates about the virus and what the government is doing and what others saying we should be doing and accusing the government of not doing enough to protect the people, like closing down schools, stopping large gatherings and travel plans.

Now being a responsible adult I am taking my own advice , no holidays abroad , no going to gatherings in fact no going out if I don’t want too, yes I am lucky I don’t work so I am not mixing with lots of other people .

Common sense many of us have so it’s down to each of us to use it, just my own thoughts. 

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Watching the news and tv debates about the virus and what the government is doing and what others saying we should be doing and accusing the government of not doing enough to protect the people, like closing down schools, stopping large gatherings and travel plans.

Now being a responsible adult I am taking my own advice , no holidays abroad , no going to gatherings in fact no going out if I don’t want too, yes I am lucky I don’t work so I am not mixing with lots of other people .

Common sense many of us have so it’s down to each of us to use it, just my own thoughts. 

Personally i was thinking of digging out my old commercial diver gear,  think it might upset the neighbour's though :hystery:

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it seems my travel insurance will not pay out on claims made after March 13th because of this virus As it is now a ‘Known Event ‘ in line with there policy terms and conditions, I wonder if I can get a refund ?

graham59
Posted
Posted

I have lots of painting to do...and the Mrs has gone out to top us up with potatoes and onions. The only item which had me going to the big supermarket in the next town before, was baked beans. I can live without those, if it means queuing up for 5 hours for them. So, all is well with our world...at the moment.  

However, value of the pound needs some improvement. :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Personally i was thinking of digging out my old commercial diver gear,  think it might upset the neighbour's though :hystery:

Uh... Baston.... People might look a bit askance at you if you went shopping wearing a dive mask and SCUBA gear with tank strapped to the back of a BCD? You think? Also, you know it is difficult to talk around the reg piece in your mouth?:89:

• Haha 1