Knock on effect of the virus

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

Here we have on the streets of Alenton this morning , I did not take the picture so I cannot say if they was there to enforce the gathering of no more then 2 people or they was parked outside Greggs ordering sausage rolls, but hang about they don’t look like there is 2 meters between them.

BE3E25C1-DB55-4681-A0F6-49B962131815.jpeg

Do you know who these guys are? Their vehicle says 'Public Protection'.  I have never seen that before. 

• Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

The Mrs. heard on the radio  this morn that we have a case of Covid 19 here now in the city hospital. She wants to load up on groceries now.

The Panay News (25 March) website article reports 552 cases tested positive in the PI currently, death toll at 33,  recovered at 19.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

The Mrs. heard on the radio  this morn that we have a case of Covid 19 here now in the city hospital. She wants to load up on groceries now.

The Panay News (25 March) website article reports 552 cases tested positive in the PI currently, death toll at 33,  recovered at 19.

Things are ch-ch-ch - changing very fast here.  Our new Covid patient came here via MNL on 4 March from Saudi and was not  quarantined.  He has been to other places between Capiz and Iloilo, eating at restos.

Just now my wife wanted to use my computer. Seems as of today we  are/ or soon to be,  all under household quarantine and only one person out at a time to get food/meds/necessities...... but you have to get a barangay hall pass first to get past the checkpoints. I guess she had to contact her friend who is a records keeper at the hall to get details so she  can go out shopping tomorrow.

• Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

death toll at 33,  recovered at 19.

And how much sense does that make to you.  The rest of the world has about 15% dead for all concluded cases but the Philippines is at 66%.  Sounds like they are not finding all the cases . . not even close.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sounds like they are not finding all the cases . . not even close.

no way are they finding all the cases. Nor the virus related deaths here. Seeing that anyone who dies at home is taken to a funeral parlor. An autopsy is only done (normally) if the family requests it and pays for it. I have not heard or read about this policy changing

I think that it is safe to say that when this is all said and done that we will never really know how many were actually infected or died from it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And how much sense does that make to you.  The rest of the world has about 15% dead for all concluded cases but the Philippines is at 66%.  Sounds like they are not finding all the cases . . not even close.

Out of 552 confirmed positive cases, they reported 33 have died, and 19 have recovered. That is what was reported.  If 33 are dead,  519 are still under care.  19 of them recovered. I would think that means they are in releasable and non-contagious health.  

I  would think that all numbers are tentative and not fully indicative of the true scope since the number of infected carriers is unknown and in constant flux.  

I just read the news feeds and check on-line newspapers for the places that I live or have friends and relatives.  

Hope Canada and B.C is doing a good job to protect you. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Really Dave?  I just checked the reported numbers on the WHO site and the death rate is 4.3%  It seems like you are trying to spread fear, but feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong.  If you don't want to include unrecovered cases in your math that is up to you, but its highly misleading.  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Out of 552 confirmed positive cases, they reported 33 have died, and 19 have recovered. That is what was reported.  If 33 are dead,  519 are still under care.  19 of them recovered. I would think that means they are in releasable and non-contagious health.  

Hi Man... I am not as sanguine as you about those who recovered are releasable and non-contagious.

The reason I say that is because we don't know if the "formerly" ill were tested again following their "recoveries." There are still so many unknowns about this. And remember, too, that some who have had it have either relapsed or become re-infected at a later time. I am sorry that I cannot quote the source right now, but I did read that - and NOT on FaceBook.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

It seems like you are trying to spread fear, but feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong

I, for one, do not think Dave is trying to spread fear.  He finds the numbers odd and pointed out a logical explanation. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Kuya John said:

If we try to put this Pandemic into perspective,

Let's say that many of us, myself included, who have not experienced "Troubles" on a Global scale before, such as this moment in time.

People who have not experienced warfare first hand, will no doubt be concerned at the amount of deaths from an unseen enemy .

I was born just after the Second World War and my only recollection as a young child was food shortages.

Everyone was in the same circumstances and shared what they had with their neighbours.

You could leave your doors unlocked and knew your home would be safe.

Let's hope that these tragic events unfolding will bring out the best in people, one world, one people.

It will bring out the best in people, and the worst - same as every major event we have to face. Despite what some sections of the media want us to believe, there will be many more positive than negative examples.  

In terms of the Philippines - I am not so sure a great sense of society exists.  The family is the only society most here care about so...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1