Is it really Cheese?

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Why do so many Filipinos living in the west miss Eden Cheese?

I just don’t get it, since I tried it in the Philippines and I thought that it didn’t even taste like cheese.

My wife misses it, and even other Filipino Expats in the USA will not eat cheese unless it’s Eden. You can find it at Filipino groceries, but it’s not always in stock.

When I lived in the Philippines, I would spend high prices for imported cheeses from Europe, since I like to eat real cheese.

Do most Expats eat Eden Cheese?

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Filipinos enjoy eating what they are used to in Philippines same as we crave things from our homeland. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 5

Jack D
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Filipinos enjoy eating what they are used to in Philippines same as we crave things from our homeland. 

True!... but I was open to eating (or at least trying) the local foods in the Philippines with the exception of Balut. Actually, most of my meals were Filipino dishes.

Many Filipinos in the USA are not so open to even try to taste some of the local foods in the USA, such as Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I think it is probably "processed cheese food." Three lies, like MRE's? And it probably has sugar in it...

I tasted it once - never again. I love the Australian imported cheeses - Bega and several others. They look like, taste like and are REAL cheese! European cheeses are wonderful, but a bit of a luxury for me now and then due to budgetary constraints.

1 minute ago, Jack D said:

True!... but I was open to eating (or at least trying) the local foods in the Philippines with the exception of Balut. Actually, most of my meals were Filipino dishes.

Many Filipinos in the USA are not so open to even try to taste some of the local foods in the USA, such as Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc.

L will try almost anything once. She can't past the smell of the stronger cheeses - like blue. But then I can't get past the taste or texture or smell of durian... She particularly loves mozzarella and cheddar. Think about how many Filipinos love pizza!!!

• Like 4

Jack D
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

Think about how many Filipinos love pizza!!!

Yes, but many pizza places, such as Greenwich, do not use any cheeses that taste like mozzarella.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack D said:

Yes, but many pizza places, such as Greenwich, do not use any cheeses that taste like mozzarella.

Yeah... that's true too. I think S & R pizzas use mozzarella. But I remember back in USA that some pizza places used that but also mixed other cheeses too, like cheddar, Parmesan, Romano... But at least they were mostly real cheeses, not "fake" cheese!

• Like 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... that's true too. I think S & R pizzas use mozzarella

I liked eating S & R pizza! I was able to eat an entire pie by myself. and it's very similar to Costco pizza over here, since Costco owns (or has a majority holding in S & R).

Edited by Jack D
corrected name of company
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack D said:

I liked eating S & R pizza! I was able to eat an entire pie by myself. and it's very similar to Costco pizza over here, since S & R owns (or has a majority holding in S & R).

Next time I get one, I will try to remember to take a picture of it. Here, they seem to slap/dash the toppings - one slice will have lots of toppings, the next one over will have just cheese. (I am talking about the "garbage" everything pizza). The pepperoni ones or shrimp and garlic are actually better for topping distribution. Same thing with their tasty sauce - the center of the pizza may have lots and then there is none out by the edges - but I love the taste!

Crap! Now you have got me hungry for pizza and I really am trying to not eat too many carbs now...

I miss the great pizzas from Chicago and Seattle. Two slices and I am totally full and satisfied.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Ah... sorry for pirating your topic from cheese to pizza, Jack...:sad: Just realized I did it again... Bad Tommy!!!

• Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Crap! Now you have got me hungry for pizza and I really am trying to not eat too many carbs now...

I'm in the very same boat right now with my 'dirty' Keto diet

• Like 2