Is it really Cheese?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Sorry guy it's not eden but edam which is a dutch cheese. Here they call it queso de bola and has become a Christmas treat.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Sorry guy it's not eden but edam which is a dutch cheese. Here they call it queso de bola and has become a Christmas treat.

I'm confused - Eden and Edam cheeses both exist

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm confused - Eden and Edam cheeses both exist

Yes you are correct, my mistake. Eden is a processed cheese as opposed to the balls of cheese you can buy which is edam.

• Thanks 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Hmm.  I never minded Eden or Velveeta since they work out well for some recipes.  Guess this is why.

Eden is a processed filled cheese food brand owned by Mondelēz International. It was first launched in the Philippines by Kraft Foods in 1981. Wikipedia
Introduced: 1981
Product type: Cheese
Markets: Philippines

I also love the real cheeses though.😉😁

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

If I put spaghetti out at a fiesta, I know to put a small amount of parmesan, and a lot of Eden. 

And I assume you add a modicum of sugar to your sauce for the local palate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And I assume you add a modicum of sugar to your sauce for the local palate?

Never. But my wife makes a separate sauce for the locals.

We always have a section for foreigner food & liquor.  The locals can have it, but only after we get ours first. Not trying to rude, but the foreigners appreciate my cooking more than the locals anyway ha ha

• Like 5

Howard
Posted
Posted

I don't like the Eden cheese and if I get spaghetti and it's shredded on there I spoon it off. I do love grated parmesan on spaghetti and eating hard pretzels with extra sharp cheddar and mozzarella on pizza. but I also love American cheese which is also not real cheese and cheese wiz. My wife likes all of these and the Eden. To each his own!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2020 at 6:22 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I told my wife if butter or cheese do not need refrigeration... they are NOT butter or cheese!  :)

I buy cheddar, emmental, or colby/jack.  She likes Eden.  You like what you are used to. If I put spaghetti out at a fiesta, I know to put a small amount of parmesan, and a lot of Eden.  The foreigners use the parmesan, the locals use Eden (works for me because Eden is cheap) :tiphat:

I finally talked my GF. into not putting hotdogs in her spaghetti. Our friends and relatives like it better. I's just a filler.:mellow: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Howard said:

I don't like the Eden cheese and if I get spaghetti and it's shredded on there I spoon it off. I do love grated parmesan on spaghetti and eating hard pretzels with extra sharp cheddar and mozzarella on pizza. but I also love American cheese which is also not real cheese and cheese wiz. My wife likes all of these and the Eden. To each his own!

I love the cheeze wiz too. Might not be real cheese but who cares? It tastes good.:smile:

• Love it 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
On 2/20/2020 at 2:39 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

the foreigners appreciate my cooking more than the locals anyway ha ha

I can relate to that since my wife tells me that whenever I cook American meals, they taste sour to her.

• Like 1