Shopee Seller Scammer

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Shopee is very good about refunds. Until you mark the shipment "received", they hold the money, not the seller.  I have had to cancel a  couple orders and the money always goes into my account that day, or the next.

I wear a mask on the jeepney during the dry season. For the dust, not for germs.  I have one of the spongy black masks, not the little paper mask.

Think that's only for cash on delivery.

Funds get released to the seller after 10 days if not paying with cash.
https://help.shopee.ph/ph/s/article/What-is-Shopee-Guarantee-How-does-it-work

Edited by fillipino_wannabe

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I will not buy from Lazada or Shopee unless it is COD, no exceptions.   

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, GeoffH said:

They are much more useful for avoiding spreading the virus once you've caught it...

Absolutely - but try convincing people of that.   

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

I will not buy from Lazada or Shopee unless it is COD, no exceptions.   

Why is that?

I only use Lazada.  I try to follow that principle but there are times when it's not an option so we are left with the option of taking it or leaving it.  To be perfectly honest, I have used debit card payment before and had absolutely no issues - and have had refunds credited to my account within a few days when necessary with no issues at all.  I have nothing negative to say about paying up front although I'd still prefer not to do it when I have a choice.  

The bigger problem with buying from these places is the actual quality of the products - and this is something that paying COD won't help.  You pay the delivery driver and he's off into the sunset before you've even opened the package.  Again, though, with Lazada I've been able to return goods and get my money back with absolutely no issues on a couple of occasions. 

Others my have a different experience - it's the Philippines! 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Why is that?

I only use Lazada.  I try to follow that principle but there are times when it's not an option so we are left with the option of taking it or leaving it.  To be perfectly honest, I have used debit card payment before and had absolutely no issues - and have had refunds credited to my account within a few days when necessary with no issues at all.  I have nothing negative to say about paying up front although I'd still prefer not to do it when I have a choice.  

The bigger problem with buying from these places is the actual quality of the products - and this is something that paying COD won't help.  You pay the delivery driver and he's off into the sunset before you've even opened the package.  Again, though, with Lazada I've been able to return goods and get my money back with absolutely no issues on a couple of occasions. 

Others my have a different experience - it's the Philippines! 

I was not sure about how difficult it would be to get a refund.  But the main reason is I try to keep credit and debit card use to a minimum via Web sites in case they have poor security or get hacked. 

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I was not sure about how difficult it would be to get a refund.  But the main reason is I try to keep credit and debit card use to a minimum via Web sites in case they have poor security or get hacked. 

Got it.  The only reason I switched over to COD was for the same reason you prefer it - I have become increasingly uncomfortable with using my credit card/debit card online.  That said, if there was no other option then i'd do it,  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Got it.  The only reason I switched over to COD was for the same reason you prefer it - I have become increasingly uncomfortable with using my credit card/debit card online.  That said, if there was no other option then i'd do it,  

Usually COD or a pay partner is available.  If COD is not available I'll pay at 7/11.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/23/2020 at 2:14 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why are people wasting money on face masks unless they have flu like symptoms? 

I think we are all crazy. I bought some too, and now they sit in the closet.:mellow:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

The bigger problem with buying from these places is the actual quality of the products -

I'm guessing that I've bought at least 50 or so products from Lazada. COD. Maybe 3 or so of those were deficient. So far so good.:Happy: 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Usually COD or a pay partner is available.  If COD is not available I'll pay at 7/11.

We just started using GCash about 3 months ago. We can pay our Globe , and Cignal bills via phone just by loading up at a 7 11. Haven't tried it on Lazada yet..I prefer the COD.:ohmy: