Long Hair Menopause Barrier!

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

So after the last month in PI I noticed something I hadn't before:  As a trend, women older than 50 don't seem to have long hair!

Is there a gene that kicks in at menopause that stops their hair from growing past a certain length?

Is it just the wisdom of age where they realise it's just too much of a hassle to look after?

Is there a law that states they must cut their hair?

I personally love AM's long hair and would really regret her cutting it all off but she is her own person.  

Anyway, just an observation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Is it just the wisdom of age where they realise it's just too much of a hassle to look after?

L has medium long hair and I love it. I wish she would keep it longer, but she says it is then too hot and too much hassle. I see and understand her point. And she has no plans on chopping it either when she pauses... (And why do they call it "pause" when it is truly "stopped"? Just to sound softer with a bit of hope?)

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

SWMBO used to have very long hair (and I loved it too), she asked me if it was ok if she cut it and I said ok but maybe not too short so now she has medium length hair.  Her mama and sister have short hair but I prefer longer hair.

• Like 5

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

In most asian cultures, women's hair length is a symbol of youth.  They will grow out their hair leading up to marriage, at which time it is supposed to be long and beautiful.  After marriage they often cut it.  One would assume that a lot of women want to maintain their youthful look, thus keeping it long.  I tend to prefer it medium short. 

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My ex wife (in Canada) still has extremely long hair.  It is down past her ass and she is 52.  It looks horrid.  All grey and straggly and always falling out so there is hair everywhere.  But she is proud of it and I no longer give a shit about what she does with her hair nor anything else.  Point is they can keep it long if they want to look like an aging hippy.

Hair dye and shampoo will do wonders....

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

On the subject of hair health:  my asawa recently had a kind of botched hair treatment.  This is the one they get about twice per year, and spend several thousand pesos doing so.  So she was pretty p*ssed at the botched job.  Meh, at least these aren't Western prices!  I can live with it.  

But she ended up with split ends that were not going away.  So she started treating the hair according to her Lola's home recipe.  This involves mashed up coconut, oil and water.  Smells fantastic.  One treatment per week, which she did for several weeks.  Seems to have returned the black shiny luster and improved the split ends too.  I love the fact that there is a home remedy that she can keep with her forever and pass on when she's older.   

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

My misses doesn't have a grey hair on her head.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

In California, especially on the coast of central and north, there has always been the older ladies who let their hair grow long and gray.  I think it is a feminist thing.  "I'm beautiful as is and I don't need to change for men.".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1