tricycle rant

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

I consider driving in IloIlo a pleasure after Bacolod, Dumaguete and Cebu. 

Wonder if its just me, Dumaguete due to sheer number of kids on motor cycles is crazy.

Yes...but it's all relative.  Less of a nightmare perhaps, a pleasure surely not. 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
On 2/24/2020 at 6:07 AM, JDDavao said:

I wanted to smack her in the back of the head and shout, "What'samattayou!?" But we can't do that.

So, a while back I was crossing a street, in a group, with the walk light, in a crosswalk - still watching out.  A jeepney pulled in front of us, blocking the cross walk, trying to make a right turn (but the traffic was WAY too heavy to allow that).  So I naturally hit his hood of his jeep and gave him a friendly Texas greeting "Hey, I'm walking here".  He just looked at me dumbfounded ha ha And it was the jeepney I needed to get on, around the corner at the jeep stop :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Crazy puti

That's what he was thinking :7481:

• Haha 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I like Toril (a small town that is part of Davao City) for the transportation set up...  People who own a vehicle only use them on the highway to go to Davao or for groceries...  Jeepneys go from Toril to Davao only - none rotating though the streets here...  That is tricycle country..!!!  I've often mused about taking a photo of our main downtown street...  50 tricycles followed by a jeepney heading from the terminal to the highway, 100 trikes, maybe a taxi or a private vehicle, 100 trikes...

As for how they drive?  I'm surprised by the number of people here who don't realize there are different rules for driving...  Vehicle on the right had priority except at intersections when certain conditions apply, etc...  Yeah, check at LTO and you'll see what I mean...

• Like 1