Life as a expat

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I remember you saying you had a plane ticket that goes back via Hong Kong.  Not sure how long it will go on but a fellow I know sent me a message that he and his wife tried to go home through Hong Kong and they refured to let his wife on the plane because she had a Filipino passport.  If your wife is traveling on a British passport she will probably be fine.

We have done all the online booking and chosen our seats and all seems ok , just cannot print boarding passes as they say , but Emma is a British citizen now, and I did read about others who are Filipino not being allowed entering into Hong Kong and it is in the Cathy Pacific web site saying this .

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Emma is a British citizen now,

So long as her passport is British she will be fine.  Let me cut and paste a bit of the message I was sent:

"We (My wife and I) were due to fly from Cebu to UK today but my wife because she holds a Filipino Passport only was not allowed to fly via Honk Kong even just a 2 hour transit stop before onward to UK"

I am not sure if his wife is a citizen but she lives with him in the UK and was just here on a holiday.  She is still using her Philippine passport and now must follow the Philippine BS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, i am bob said:

My MIL and SIL have both borrowed money and not paid it back...  My Asawa said never again for those two...   My FIL has borrowed small amounts several times (her parents are separated) and has always paid back when he said he would...  He's the only one in the family now we will lend to...  😊

Some sound advice that was passed to me as a young man, which has proven very true is:  Never loan money to family.  Give it as a gift if it is needed.  Now if they choose to pay it back when they can, you will have a nice surprise.  And you will never have hard feelings about what was given. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, stevewool said:

ok the house is a shit hole in my eyes but they live in it not me.

A little strong in my chosen words , it’s not a shit hole it’s just 2 men who lives in a house , one man works the other cleans his way , same cloth for washing the dishes and cleaning the tops and then cleaning the floors, yes he may wash the cloth out between jobs but it’s just somewhere I cannot eat from the dishes or knives and forks and the spoon too, that’s why I brought my own and washed them and kept them away safe and clean .

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, stevewool said:

We have done all the online booking and chosen our seats and all seems ok , just cannot print boarding passes as they say , but Emma is a British citizen now, and I did read about others who are Filipino not being allowed entering into Hong Kong and it is in the Cathy Pacific web site saying this .

Just checking the flights today and I was looking at the tracking for our flight on another site and there it was flashing away highlighted in red , Flight Canceled , what the hell, just shows you how we can be fooled when looking at other sites on the internet , well just checking my emails and online check in with Cathy Pacific and all seems well, we have our chosen seats for both flights so hopefully may get a few hours sleep out of the nearly 13 hour flight to Manchester, or will it be watching another 6 or 7 movies again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, stevewool said:

I have listened to many folk on here about being attacked or killed for showing disrespect to them and I know I have pushed some buttons concerning the so called our house and the bil but I can’t help who and how I am .

It happens Steve, but we need to put some perspective around how common it is.  Plenty of warnings from people here but how many of them have 1st hand knowledge of it happening?  

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It happens Steve, but we need to put some perspective around how common it is.  Plenty of warnings from people here but how many of them have 1st hand knowledge of it happening?  

Well without starting a Agony Aunt Thread HK, I can tell you that one of my wifes family was murdered by another Filipino in a dispute.

One thing I have discovered is that some Filipino's dont like to lose face, others will lie their way out of trouble, but again that's true in most countries these days.

The world has certainly changed since I was a boy. :tiphat:

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Well without starting a Agony Aunt Thread HK, I can tell you that one of my wifes family was murdered by another Filipino in a dispute.

One thing I have discovered is that some Filipino's dont like to lose face, others will lie their way out of trouble, but again that's true in most countries these days.

The world has certainly changed since I was a boy. :tiphat:

I was referring to family members killing other family members which I think Steve was alluding to rather than people being murdered by someone they know.  

• Like 1