Why I appreciate this forum

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Most you tube channels about Philippines are the Raffy Tulfo type dramas of the day.. foreigners scammed etc.... Then there are the youtubes of guys who posted their own melodramas of being scammed. Then a few guys whos interests are in Angeles and Angeles only.... plus the odd visitor to Angeles videoing anything and everybody and generally disturbing the peace.

Then there are 10 million you tube vids of ladies and gents taking vids of themselves showing their minds and bodies and telling everyone all their problems. Plus the Filipinos eating... millions of those.. look at my food sarap sarap and look at my waistline.. chubby is sexy etc.. yuck !

Plus theres a few good vids of people travelling to islands and then lots of twatpackers claiming how they discovered Boracay or Cebu etc.. yes those are the ones that make you cringe.

Then there are excellent ones by people like Food Ranger, Food Expert, Anthony Boardain when he was still alive. etc who delve into street food and are professional presenters.

Happy to watch those that interest me but for youtube, have to sort a lot of wheat from a whole lot of chaff ... :)

• Haha 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

This is the site for living in the Philippines, all your questions can be answered . I personally read books when i met my now Filipina wife online. I  knew nothing at all about the philippines. Only after coming to the Philippines 3 times and meeting family etc , luckily the wifes family all had good jobs,homes etc. Its a lovely country with its lovely people, you just have to remember its their country and their rules.

Im originally from the UK and have no intentions of going back there, the Philippines is my home now even have our burial plots bought and paid for ! Most you tube videos are there to make money the best one for me is A Foriegner in the Philippines run by a guy named Terence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

Plus theres a few good vids of people travelling to islands and then lots of twatpackers claiming how they discovered Boracay or Cebu etc.. yes those are the ones that make you cringe.

Twatpackers?  Triple LIKE Freebie!  

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Before my asawa and I were engaged, I began to contemplate where we would live, and concluded that it really must be Philippines (for various reasons).  Doing what most people would do, I got on youtube and looked for various channels and v-logs to gain insight.  

Heheh.  Boy, what an eye-opener.  What I appreciate about this forum is the more adult-level tone, and the considered respect.  Even if I never meet any of you, I feel like this is a place where things can be discussed without juvenile drama, "feelings", and other bull-shyte.  If any of you do want to share a PH-oriented youtube channel that you like, then by all means do.  

So I'm raising a bottle of San Mig Pilsen to you all.  *Clink*

:cheers:

That's why Like this forum also. No controversy and everyone just agrees with each other. :clapping_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

See?  Even the smartasses are civil!:6:

• Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

That's why Like this forum also. No controversy and everyone just agrees with each other. :clapping_80_anim_gif:

That's just not true AK - we just manage to do it civilly - well, most of us! :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

gery0x
Posted
Posted

As I mentioned in another topic once, to me this is one of the most peaceful Philippines forums I've ever been on!

The level of maturity, friendliness and respect on here is amazing *imho* so it's a place where I sure do want to stay! :smile:

To that effect, I would also like to raise my glass and give a happy CHEERS to you guys! :cheersty:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

There are loads of started threads that I don’t like or they don’t effect me and I don’t agree on , but I don’t comment on them mostly because half the time the person who started that thread are looking for a fight or some others who join in are looking to give there own opinions and will not comprise.

But I do enjoy being part of this forum 

• Like 2