Better just stay put, then

earthdome
Posted
Posted

We are making preparations (we live in a currently unaffected US state) so we can hunker down inside our home if needed. I have some chronic health problems which put me more at risk of respiratory problems so we would prefer to not got out and bring the virus home if it spreads to our location. We are also putting on hold any travel plans.

• Like 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think that is a good idea.  Lyn and I are back in Canada and we will just stay put and stay inside our suite.  The neighbors are happy too.  There was a lot of concern in this small town that we might be coming from Asia and spreading some disease among the locals so all were thrilled to hear that we were sel-quarantining for 10 days (unless we start to show symptoms - so far so good).

Of course, if the virus does manage to make it to our small town then I am sure we will be blamed.  That is the nature of small towns.  But on the bright side, friends and family drop groceries off outside the door so we do not have to go anywhere.  Lovely stuff!

You have disillusioned me somewhat regarding Canadians. It's good to hear the niceness is there, but I would've thought them to be smarter.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I would've thought them to be smarter.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Another issue I'm concerned about if we were to safely travel out in May, would we be allowed to return to the Philippines were things to turn worse?  Might be able to find family to stay with in the states for a while but then there is school and such.  Looking more and more like taking a loss on the tickets we bought and set still.:boohoo: