Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Maybe Tommy will invite us over. 

5 hours ago, Gary D said:

Sounds like a plan.

Okay, okay, boys... I think I am getting your subtle hints?:hystery:

When the home is done, hopefully I can find a stove/burner set that has gas for broiler (or griller). If not I might have to settle for electric. But the dirty kitchen is currently under construction now and I will also be buying a barbecue for true outdoor grilling. There might be a bit of a battle here because I prefer the precision and ease of propane for barbecue and L prefers the taste and smell of coconut charcoal.... I will quietly admit to you that I also like the taste and smell of the charcoal... But I don't like the hassle.

So maybe the answer is to do like I did on the yacht and use a propane barbecue with soaked wood chips? I also really want to try doing smoked meats too. Long, cool smoked-cooked pork, beef, chicken is something I really crave. I brought a stash of alderwood chips with me from Seattle, last trip there. I have bbq'd some salmon fillets from S & R and they were damn good! And I have seen hickory and mesquite chips in some hardware stores here.

And L found really nice (but expensive) T-bone steaks at a Lisa Meats here in Davao.... Those were the most tender and tasty I have had for a few years.

So, sure... You guys will be invited over. You need to bring the beer, Tanduay, and big appetites! Bbq'd steaks with grilled mushrooms, onions and garlic? Rosemary baked potatoes with butter, grated cheddar cheese, garlic, sour cream, chives, bacon, sea salt and fresh, coarse-grated black pepper? Long beans with tomato, oregano, bacon, onion and garlic with a squeeze of lemon or lime? And L will make her award winning kinilaw so you can have a bit of surf with your turf? Achhh... I just realized I forgot the fresh heated baguette with butter, garlic (I love garlic) and maybe even a bit of parmesan or blue cheese?

I think this post should be in the member's recipe forum?:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

Oh... and better try to bring this back on topic.... Our cabinets will have marine ply backs and walls, the rest will be laminated ply. The ground at the house site has already been sprayed before construction for termites. I intend to keep up screens on windows and doors and to also spray from time to time. In Seattle, we had an exterminator spray in the wall spaces before insulation and inside walls were installed. We lived in forest with lots of "carpenter ants" but never once had one inside the house.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1