Bureau of Immigration bribes

hk blues
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Never ever forget where you have chosen to live. Sometimes its best to call it The Land That Logic Forgot.

Ace Hardware, 50% of time whatever Im seeking , its " Out of Stock Sir" .

Yep...ACE hardware - large stores with rows and rows of shelves and apparently well-stocked (and certainly very, very, very well-staffed in terms of number if not quality) until you delve and try to find what you are looking for and realise they have lots of stock. Of the same thing!  

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I've gotten to the stage now of asking which items are in stock now before spending time choosing.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I've gotten to the stage now of asking which items are in stock now before spending time choosing.

Honestly speaking, I think we all understand where we are but it's the pretence that annoys me - the smoke and mirrors that go on with many things here.  I visited Yugoslavia in 1988 - the stores there had many empty shelves but at least you knew where you were in terms of what was available.  Here, rows of full shelves - and all contain the same 1/2" woodscrews!  

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Two weeks ago, they were out of regular-sized burgers here in Davao at the BK next to Gaisano Mall down near the BI. We all surely recall when Jollibee ran out of chicken a couple of years back.

The registers at these places must be hooked into the inventory. Has no one been trained at managing? When i worked at BK back in the 1980s, the closing shift manager ran an inventory report off of one of the registers every night. :whatever:

I don't know if its inventory control/ordering or supply chain problems, but at our Robinson Mall JolliBee they sometimes have no buns for the burgers, or.... believe it or not (Sorry Mr. Ripley).... COFFEE.   By now, I'm only surprised in a humorous way. Time to head to Dunkin' Donuts or Mr. Donut for the cup-a-mud.... someone must have it.... but like many things here.... sometimes you have to work a bit to find it.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

I don't know if its inventory control/ordering or supply chain problems, but at our Robinson Mall JolliBee they sometimes have no buns for the burgers, or.... believe it or not (Sorry Mr. Ripley).... COFFEE.   By now, I'm only surprised in a humorous way. Time to head to Dunkin' Donuts or Mr. Donut for the cup-a-mud.... someone must have it.... but like many things here.... sometimes you have to work a bit to find it.

Today we stopped at a 7-11 out in the provinces. I asked L to please bring me a black coffee. I was pleasantly shocked to receive a really great tasting coffee! I am a die-hard Starbucks French Roast fan... but today, I may change my tune... I never expected good coffee from a convenience store out in the middle of almost nowhere!

What really pissed me off was when I went in to a local SM in early January to buy some Tanduay - none on the shelves - Sorry Sir, out of stock! grrrrr... And I got the same answer every week until last week. Meanwhile, I found it at an HB1 pharmacy nearby. They carry all the drugs I need!:laugh:

I also shopped at a Gaisano Mall grocery here yesterday. I was impressed with their stock - especially specialty and foreign items... They had unbleached white flour, rye flour(!), whole Kalamata olives, stuffed grape leaves, lentils!. I don't like going there because parking is a challenge, but I do like going there for their vast array of products that SM does not bother to carry or runs "out of stock." So I go maybe once a month or so. They seem to keep things in stock where other stores are seriously lacking.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

What really pissed me off was when I went in to a local SM in early January to buy some Tanduay - none on the shelves - Sorry Sir, out of stock! grrrrr... And I got the same answer every week until last week.

You should have checked in the hardware section.  They keep it with the paint and lacquer thinners. :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2020 at 5:41 AM, Jack D said:

I always thought that corruption is completely normal in the Philippines!

On one of my early trips here to the Philippines the family was talking about maybe having the youngest son run in the election.  They decided it would cost about 50K peso and they could not afford it.  I ask if this was for signs, posters, etc?  The answer was a calm and rational statement; "No, it is to buy the votes."  Sad but true story. :sad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Freebie said:

Never ever forget where you have chosen to live. Sometimes its best to call it The Land That Logic Forgot.

Ace Hardware, 50% of time whatever Im seeking , its " Out of Stock Sir" .

Is it out of stock??? Really, perhaps more either staff do not understand your speaking or just dis interested to seek what it is. Can we blame them as most on 6 months with minimal pay.Generally if I am not able to locate what is required I do not try to ask unless the staff member is familar.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Is it out of stock??? Really, perhaps more either staff do not understand your speaking or just dis interested to seek what it is. Can we blame them as most on 6 months with minimal pay.Generally if I am not able to locate what is required I do not try to ask unless the staff member is familar.

If im looking for a 20w soft white light bulb and I have the original box and go with the service staff to the lightbulb section and its not there, then yes its out of stock.

If i use tagalog and all the staff understand what Im looking ( "oh sir your tagalog is quite good !" )  for then yes its out of stock.

Why apologise for Ace hardware and the way it trains its staff and allows them just to brush customers off.

Regardless of what a person is paid or how long their contract is for, theres a basic agreement idea  that a worker will actually work and not spend hours congregating with other staff . Ah but to stop that would require supervisors who do their job.

• Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted