UK passport Foreign Department v Home Department

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:smile: So very pleased at the result here, My Eldest Daughter ( Resident in the UK) applied for a renewal of her passport one week before me, I tend to think that we (Certainly me) are under the impression we (Living here) are the Forgotten ones but I have now realised that we are not.

One week to get the paperwork to the UK ( old Passport and documents requested as per online application) 2 weeks for approval and Printing. One week for return of new passport making it a 4 week round Trip, My Daughter is still waiting for hers. Needless to say, that the Overseas Department  have things maybe better organised  :thumbsup: Not exactly stimulating news here but I felt it worth a mention :wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:smile: So very pleased at the result here, My Eldest Daughter ( Resident in the UK) applied for a renewal of her passport one week before me, I tend to think that we (Certainly me) are under the impression we (Living here) are the Forgotten ones but I have now realised that we are not.

One week to get the paperwork to the UK ( old Passport and documents requested as per online application) 2 weeks for approval and Printing. One week for return of new passport making it a 4 week round Trip, My Daughter is still waiting for hers. Needless to say, that the Overseas Department  have things maybe better organised  :thumbsup: Not exactly stimulating news here but I felt it worth a mention :wink:

Good news - I will be applying for a new passport in a couple of months. 

Out of interest, did you get the old one back at the same time as the new one?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

Good news - I will be applying for a new passport in a couple of months. 

Out of interest, did you get the old one back at the same time as the new one?

No they send it back in a separate Package 2 days apart, Sad to say I did not get the new colour as they only started to use the new Blue one on March 1st but it now has the European issue removed. Just good ole UK passport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1