Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

A lot more sophisticated than Weird Al Yankovic's parody of "My Bologna" from many decades ago. Thanks.

I especially liked Mikey Busto's   "Opo Pinoy Style" when 'Gangnam Style' was popular.  A very funny guy. Now I'm gonna have to watch all the others I missed over the years. 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

A lot more sophisticated than Weird Al Yankovic's parody of "My Bologna" from many decades ago. Thanks.

I especially liked Mikey Busto's   "Opo Pinoy Style" when 'Gangnam Style' was popular.  A very funny guy. Now I'm gonna have to watch all the others I missed over the years. 

Just eat it..eat it. MJ.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Just watching his youtube songs "Adobo" and "Balikbayan Box" is something you can really identify with if you live here.   I have one of those woven hand fans here beside me now..... and I sometimes weary of listening to my expat friends talking about their balikbayan box shipments everytime they come back when they return from a trip outside with more gusto than one would expect.       :xmastree:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Just watching his youtube songs "Adobo" and "Balikbayan Box" is something you can really identify with if you live here.   I have one of those woven hand fans here beside me now..... and I sometimes weary of listening to my expat friends talking about their balikbayan box shipments everytime they come back when they return from a trip outside with more gusto than one would expect.       :xmastree:

I have only ever sent 1 Balikbayan Box - just before we moved here permanently.  My neighbour,  Filam and her husband,  usually send a couple when they visit the US once a year.  They send stuff that I honestly feel is a waste of effort and money - basic stuff that can be bought here for not much more or,  and I hate to be rude but I'll take a chance they are not members here, crap!  For some it's a great chance to enjoy a taste of home but for others just a ritual (or a chance to show off to their family/friends here).  Harmless enough either way.

• Like 1