How's that retirement penson going?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Heeb said:

I got out of the market when I retired last June, I don't care to ever get in again, 

In my plan it was to last me until I draw my state pension then just have a reduced amount for a few more years then I would have been out, looks like I will be out sooner .

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Heeb said:

I got out of the market when I retired last June, I don't care to ever get in again, too stressful, my 85 year old father has lost about 200k, they live off of investments aside from social security, he's too old for the stress I fear. My mother has been watching our cats and our home since we moved here but now he wants her home because she's spending too much money, I will have to start making plans to get back and prepare our home for rent, and at a difficult time with travel restrictions.

Wishing you the best. Hopefully is there some way you can return soon.

• Like 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I read an article about how China is already getting back to normal and have had no new domestic cases of covid19 in a few days which boggles my mind knowing how many people there are over there. It occurred to me while I was riding my bicycle through the deserted streets of Subic Freeport that China having caused this pandemic is going to be in a position similar to the U.S. after WW2 where they are putting people back to work and increasing production while the rest of the world is still in hibernation, they are already sending masks and mobile medical units to the Philippines. The loans and goods will start pouring in to cash and supply strapped countries and what little small businesses we had producing goods will be belly up and fall prey to more Chinese goods in Target ans Walmart. Might see a rebound in the Hang Seng.

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Heeb said:

I read an article about how China is already getting back to normal and have had no new domestic cases of covid19 in a few days which boggles my mind knowing how many people there are over there. It occurred to me while I was riding my bicycle through the deserted streets of Subic Freeport that China having caused this pandemic is going to be in a position similar to the U.S. after WW2 where they are putting people back to work and increasing production while the rest of the world is still in hibernation, they are already sending masks and mobile medical units to the Philippines. The loans and goods will start pouring in to cash and supply strapped countries and what little small businesses we had producing goods will be belly up and fall prey to more Chinese goods in Target ans Walmart. Might see a rebound in the Hang Seng.

My thoughts exactly 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Heeb said:

And no doubt the conspiracy theorists will be telling us that was the Chinese masterplan all along.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

My stocks and shares plan is up from the last time I saw them.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, stevewool said:

My stocks and shares plan is up from the last time I saw them.

When was that though, Steve?  1967? :tongue:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

When was that though, Steve?  1967? :tongue:

No seriously it’s up , not by much but hey UP and DOWN it will go.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

No seriously it’s up , not by much but hey UP and DOWN it will go.

I guess you are fully stocked with Kleenex shares then? :6:

• Haha 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

If I was still in the market crude oil is where I'm putting my money, not yet because there's still potential for it to drop more because the demand has now dried up, OPEC cutting back means nothing at this point, I drive my car once every couple days now verses 4 times a day. Someday though it will turn around like it always does, petroleum products are everywhere in our households not just in our vehicle, this is just my opinion though and I'm no Warren Buffet.

• Like 2