Old55

How's that retirement penson going?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I read that stocks in Brazil were off over 40%. :Caught:

Not too bad... normally much hairier than that and more than 40% loss with a... 'brazilian cut' :hystery:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2020 at 8:45 AM, earthdome said:

My house sold and the closing was today. Just under the wire. Tomorrow at 8AM the city/county where I live is going into lockdown. It was supposed to close yesterday but the woman buying it for cash is a foreign international from china and the bank wouldn't release the funds. I was worried that we wouldn't reach close but she worked it out with her bank last night. That was close, I didn't want to get stuck holding on to it during all this economic turmoil. She came back after the inspection last week wanting a discount because of "problems" found during the inspection. She didn't ask for much so we just went with it instead of negotiating because the most important thing from my perspective was to get the sale closed.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:50 AM, OnMyWay said:

Looks like I will be stuck with an empty house for at least a few months, until this gets resolved in Florida.  Terrible timing on my part.  I asked my realtor a few days ago, and he said their are still buyers and sellers, but definitely slower.  I'm sure I will have to accept a lower price for the house.

Knock on wood, maybe the S. Florida housing market is still strong.  I got two offers yesterday, one for full price.  Knock on wood again.  I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched, but at least I know there are buyers out there.  Both offers are with FHA backed loans and they only have to put 3.5% down, so it is a good market for first time buyers.

There were several showings the first week or two, but someone pointed out some dampness on the rear wall after a hard rain.  My realtor inspected a bit more and then sent me some pictures.  Water might have leaked around the windows and possibly even through the plaster, which is 22 years old.  He arranged someone to fix it and just as that work was finished, the garage door stopped opening.  After one vendor tried to scam us, I had another fix the springs and put in a new opener.  So during this time my realtor was not encouraging showings.

So that work finished Tuesday and there were more showings.  3 more scheduled for Saturday.  Wish me luck!

• Like 8
  • Love it 1

9 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Not too bad... normally much hairier than that and more than 40% loss with a... 'brazilian cut' :hystery:

Heard this from an ex president of USA.... He asked how much is a Brazilian

• Haha 3