How's that retirement penson going?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 12/31/2020 at 5:34 PM, Snowy79 said:

I'm happy to see the pound Sterling looking good again thanks to BREXIT and the EU bottling it as any sensible Brexiteer could see. The Thai Baht has really taken off but the US Dollar has taken a pounding. If there's some Americans here on the borderline with their pensions I can see it hurting more in the near future with a change of POTUS.

Without getting political here Snowy, - the EU held firm on the outstanding issues and it was the UK who moved. Regardless, the uplift in the pound is more than welcome - slight uplift really but the alternative was a big drop (10% +) so we're all good.

P.S. Would I be able to find one of those sensible Brexiteers in the same place as the honest lawyers? 

(Just pulling your leg Snowy)

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

P.S. Would I be able to find one of those sensible Brexiteers in the same place as the honest lawyers? 

(Just pulling your leg Snowy)

If you were a remainer you'd need to come out of your Mum's basement first. :hystery:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
sdevdutt41
Posted
Posted

am already retired for few years I did not even started to withdraw my social security yet, the stock market gains are covering all my expenses plus alot of extra to spare, a nice problem to have...

get-mobdro.com/home/

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, sdevdutt41 said:

am already retired for few years I did not even started to withdraw my social security yet, the stock market gains are covering all my expenses plus a lot of extra to spare, a nice problem to have...

I am also pleased with my stock market gains, but it is important to keep in mind cumulative international debt borrowing.  The I.O.U.'s are now a whopping 250 to 350 trillion!  My defensive strategy is having sufficient flexibility.  If rapid inflation or deflation never happens and government can continue to print money with no consequence, that would be great.  But history tells us otherwise.  One reason for the collapse of the Roman Empire is their coinage was debased to a point that even their tax collectors wouldn't accept them for tax payments.

Spoiler

• Like 4