Spouse trying to deport me (Asawa ko Novela Part 2)

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If the wife is out to get him, time to leave the country, divorce in another country, then come back as a tourist.  IMHO . .  or try another country.

I can imagine coming back in as a tourist being a problem if the wife manages to get him black listed and I suspect that could also happen at renewal of a tourist visa at even if the OP were several islands away.  My suggestion is the USA or at least another asian country.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I can imagine coming back in as a tourist being a problem if the wife manages to get him black listed and I suspect that could also happen at renewal of a tourist visa at even if the OP were several islands away.  My suggestion is the USA or at least another asian country.

hence my earlier suggestion, get clarification from an expert Immigration Attorney. This saved a friend of a friend from detention  some time ago in Cebu, surprisingly was not so expensive.  

I

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, ITGeek said:

Hoping someone can put my mind at ease.

This is a cross-post thread at this link: Asawa Ko Issues the Novela 

I discussed how my family in the US and others advised me that my wife's family was financially taking advantage of me because of my disability.

I was put into a situation where I feared for my personal safety (life) and literally had to flee with only the clothes in my suitcase and backpack.  Since then, my wife has gone ballistic and continuing to wreak havoc on my life.

She had a local bank manager reveal information on my individual account to her, compromising my account.  I had to file a complaint with the bank against the bank manager.

In addition, she is telling my family in the US lots of misleading information and that she is going to try to get me deported.

Not sure how I can be deported, as I just got a NBI clearance with no hits and no criminal record anywhere.  I also just paid my annual report fees with BI.  I can't think of any reason as to how I could be deported.  So now I need to find an attorney to protect me.  She is spending more time on making  my life hell instead of taking care of our child (and one of hers).

Is there anyone that could help put my mind at ease as I try to settle in another area of the Philippines?

Have you tried calling her bluff? Once someone who thinks they are mentally stronger than you are confronted..sometimes back off. Stick to your guns.:shades:

Freebie
Posted
Posted (edited)

" Nationals who are subjects of deportation/blacklist orders of the Department and the Bureau of Immigration shall not be admitted to the Philippines. Further inquiries may be addressed to the Visa Division (Telephone numbers:556-0000 and ask the operator to connect you to Visa Division), Department of Foreign Affairs, 2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City or to any Philippine Embassy or Consulate abroad."

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/deregatory-lists/black-list-order

Above is from the DFA website.

Also Im sure Ive seen that there are visa for those who can prove they are sick or have a disease. But am unable to find any information on it online.

Edited by Freebie

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

The only leverage you have now is your son's SSDI benefit. You have already left her, and your other income stream is now with you and will remain so. She has lost it and should be told to realize it and accept it.

If she continues to make trouble for you and won't leave you alone to go your own way now, tell her you will have no choice but to have the son's benefit canceled and revoked by the US Government, leaving her and her family cut off totally and penniless. (They have little idea how their own government and bureaucracies work, and none whatsoever about yours, so the threatening ploy should be credible to her.)

Tit for tat. If she pulls her trigger, you will pull yours. 

Hopefully this will give her pause and allow things to cool down a bit until everyone adjusts to the new realities and finds something workable to allow you all to go on with your now separate lives.

This is only a suggestion to defuse the current anger and desire for retribution re the current break-up.

This is one of my strategies of last resort.  She did say as I fled, "You will never see your son again!"  Well, that would make a great case for me to petition to either have one of my US family listed as the trustee of my son's SSDI benefits instead of my wife.  My son's (or any child) welfare should always come first.  I've seen many cases where a parent often uses children to get back at their ex's.  She really needs to stop and consider what harm she is causing my son (or her own child) in this situation.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would firstly go to immigration, tell them you just separated from your wife and ask them what to do about your visa. The rest from what your wife is saying is possible but may not happen so sort the visa out first then at least that side is done.

First thing is that I am in the process of obtaining advice from a reputable attorney on my situation.  That would help me determine the best actions to prevent being deported or as someone previously mentioned being detained on a BI hold pending deportation.

Upon reading the responses, the best strategy for me to use would be to warn her having me deported from the PI's would terminate SSDI benefits to our son, to which she is currently the trustee.  As many in here have said, "it's all about money here in the PI's".  I don't even think she would be stupid enough to risk having access to our son's SSDI benefits.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ITGeek said:

I don't even think she would be stupid enough to risk having access to our son's SSDI benefits.

You know your wife better than we do however not so sure I would bet on that.

Best leave now while you’re able.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 5