quickrete / quickcrete / ready-mix

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I was looking for ready-mix concrete in Wilcon today and they looked at me as if I had a third eyeball.  Showed me epoxy, skim coat, portland cement, everything but quickrete.  Is this going to be one of those 'cant find it here' products?  

If you know where to find it, please let me know. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

If you know where to find it, please let me know. 

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/building-supplies/concrete-cement-and-masonry

Best I can do just now :wink:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

That is Ace in the U.S.

Here is one:

https://iprice.ph/quikrete/

A quick look shows that is sold through Galleon.  They also ship from the US

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A quick look shows that is sold through Galleon.  They also ship from the US

Ahh, yes, missed that.  The prices are super high and that stuff is heavy, so I would hope that is the price including shipping.  Either way, not a great deal.  I just looked at Home Depot in the U.S. and a 50 lb bag of quikcrete is $5.25.

They must have something like it here.  They put in a new concrete road in nearby, and everyone complained because they thought it was too bumpy.  So the contractor chipped off some of the high spot sections with some kind of high tech electrical tool, then they filled them with something like quikcrete.  Only about an inch thick, or less.  All of the residents, including me, thought it would crack right away, but it has been there 4-5 months now and is still perfect.  I don't know what it is, but it is super strong.  There is a ready-mix plant nearby and those heavy trucks drive on this stuff, and it still holds up. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

It appears that the term readymix or ready-mix here in the Philippines refers to on the job delivery of premixed concrete.  I looked under "bagged cement" and could not find any local source.  How much do you need?  Why not buy cement, washed sand, and gravel? :89:

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

It appears that the term readymix or ready-mix here in the Philippines refers to on the job delivery of premixed concrete.  I looked under "bagged cement" and could not find any local source.  How much do you need?  Why not buy cement, washed sand, and gravel? :89:

I just need enough for patching holes and filling cracks.  Also I want to be able to tackle small repairs on the weekend without leaving a pile of sand and gravel during the week.  Hopefully the local Ace will have it...

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

What about mortar mix?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That is Ace in the U.S.

:whatever: Being always right? was never one of my strong Points

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I just need enough for patching holes and filling cracks.  Also I want to be able to tackle small repairs on the weekend without leaving a pile of sand and gravel during the week.  Hopefully the local Ace will have it...

Yes, Quikcrete is great stuff.  If you find it, buy a bag for all of us!  :smile: