Subic-Clark Railway Controversy

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shades: Oh dear, we seem to all want progress here in the PI with regard to Travel Infrastructure but don't seem to like the Upsets, Planning or the way things happen :smile: 

And doubly so if the Chinese are in the mix!  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

So if they are contemplating a railway between clark and subic why are they going to all the trouble and expence of putting a second carriageway on the clark to subic expressway. I assume more filipino joined up thinking in action again.

It is mainly to get the heavy trucks off of the expressway, and is part of a central Luzon railway system.  I'll bet they get the expressway widening finished and then promptly tear up parts of it for the railway!

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shades: Oh dear, we seem to all want progress here in the PI with regard to Travel Infrastructure but don't seem to like the Upsets, Planning or the way things happen :smile: 

When it comes to big projects funded and engineered by the Chinese, I think the Philippines would be better off without them.  There are other ways and other money.

I used to think it was just wild speculation, but lately I am convinced that the Chinese have a semi-hidden agenda for the Philippines.  All of these funds have strings/ropes/heavy steel cables attached.  And the current president seems to have either thrown in the towel, or he is part of it.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

It's a trap!

Chinese loan to build something that may or may not be useful for the most part by Chinese workers in Philippines. I don't know what it is the CCP has on the president but he is their puppet.

This article is 2 years old but someone just posted in on FB:

https://medium.com/shanghaiist/xis-new-book-launched-in-the-philippines-at-anniversary-bash-for-duterte-s-political-party-f8eaceb66f6f