U-turns legal or not

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... like a (rich) foreigner? Happened to me already... But only a short left turn signal that, when starting the turn was green, but red within about 3 seconds while I was still turning...

I see.... now I'm thinking the term "Cardinal Sin" used by the officer really meant "any infraction by a foreigner"!  :console:

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... like a (rich) foreigner? Happened to me already... But only a short left turn signal that, when starting the turn was green, but red within about 3 seconds while I was still turning...

That is when a dash cam could come in handy to show the light was green when you started the turn.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, earthdome said:

That is when a dash cam could come in handy to show the light was green when you started the turn.

Sounds good. But maybe they might call it "fake video?":89:

• 4 weeks later...
AusExpat
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2020 at 7:49 AM, Tommy T. said:

Just to note on this I drive an owner type Jeep and generally dress in local clothing - I've only been fined once for 1000P for a driving offence (my fault entirely) yet friend in a new US brand car was asked for 3000P for something similar.

I think it really does matter how much money they think you have.

PS I got a dash + rear cam from Lazarda for 700P as cheap insurance after seeing a Filipino lady's footage on Action 5 news where a policemen tried to extort money but she took the footage to the news station and the guy lost his job.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/12/2020 at 8:36 AM, Marvin Boggs said:

Today I got a friendly warning from a traffic control motorcycle officer, that U-turns after the 'flyover' bridge are not allowed.  This U-turn was performed not on the bridge, but on the road proper, in a section just after the flyover.  A place where businesses line both sides of the road, and there are parking lots to turn left into.  There was not any "no U turn" signs present, nor any obstructions between the road lanes, just wide open space.  I could have turned left into a parking lot apparently, but the U-turn was verboten.  A "Cardinal Sin" were the officer's words.  

Mrs. Boggs is fuming.  How could I not know this simple rule?  This is not the US, etc.  I noted that "no U-turn" signs are quite common here, we see them every day, so when there is no sign then it must be OK.  Nope, you should know better Mr. Boggs.  Now go sleep on the porch tonight haha. 

Depends on the enforcer. They each have their own set of rules. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2020 at 12:29 PM, intrepid said:

Here guys.  This is the best I could find but does not cover much for "rules of the road"

https://lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1964/ra_4136_1964.html

PS:  Chapter IV

There is an unwritten law here in the Phills that personal jeepneys  are required to go at least 20 kph slower than the normal flow of traffic.:rolleyes: