Western world has lost its mind

TimL
Posted
Posted

Hmmm.. I guess the quarantine of Manila, Dinagat, and Bohol, schools suspended in Cebu, shoppers making runs on supermarkets, hoarders buying up medical alcohol and other health supplies, potential bans on church masses, movies and other public gatherings, etc. doesn’t count. 🤷‍♂️
As the tourism dollars or peso’s start drying up,  food stocks start running low and people that have money start clamping down on their spending, sit back and watch what shakes loose. 

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We haven't seen how Corona Virus will impact us here yet, Marvin. 

This is true, it is barely getting started in most western countries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We haven't seen how Corona Virus will impact us here yet, Marvin. 

Right you are!  My point gents, is I'd rather be here riding it out then just about anywhere else. 

• Like 4

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

The chances are with so many islands in Philippines, that provided travel limitations are imposed, it will slow down the spread.

Couldn't agree more.  We don't need to import food, we live in a balmy climate that is not friendly to the virus, and a lot of islands who can self quarantine as you say.  All in all, not a bad place to be.  

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I guess it is no surprise with the world's media outlets being controlled by a handful of companies, that they all march in lock-step toward whatever the latest crisis is.  Thank you George Soros, but thats getting off topic.  

As I sit here in my breezy house listening to the birds chirp, my sweet asawa bringing me a second cup of coffee, I can't help but reflect how much better life is in the Philippines.  We still have not built our own farmstead on the island, but things are headed in the right direction.  Philippines grows most of its own food, and I know that even if Chinese industry collapses or the US breaks apart in civil war, or the Hordes conquer Europe -- not much will change here.  Watching the panic spread in the West gives me peace of mind that moving here was the right choice.  So I'll continue to complain about the little annoyances, and we will all continue to watch the ebb and flow of the daily amusing experiences, and still crack open a San Mig at the end of the day.   

God Bless the Philippines! 

If you live on a pension from somewhere other than the Philippines system, you might need to worry. If not, keep feeling safe!:unsure: 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Question mark.jpg

Where will you go to get your money every month if the banks shut down because of the virus? Indian 5-6 lenders? Think about it.:89: