Western world has lost its mind

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

She will win in the long run!

:shades: Mother nature has always won from Day one whether it is Ice, Fire, pestilence or whatever :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shades: Mother nature has always won from Day one whether it is Ice, Fire, pestilence or whatever :rolleyes:

So true Jack.:thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've still got 3 cases of Hormel Chili with beans left. I might be able to outlast the pandemic.:smile:

Your poor neighbours might not outlast you, AK!!!!

Glad I don't live downwind of you, AK!!!:shock_40_anim_gif:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've still got 3 cases of Hormel Chili with beans left. I might be able to outlast the pandemic.:smile:

Sounds like you could create your own pandemic, even! :6:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Just had a count up, 10 tins of Heinz baked beans, 10 tins of Ambrosia custard and 11 Chistmas puddings.

11 Xmas puddings, so it was you who brought them all.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

D7D88384-CCD2-41B7-951F-D4B958935568.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I was wondering how you got that handle. Then remembered the campfire bean-scene in 'Blazing Saddles' and figured that you're either a real cowhand or can maybe self- identify with them for other reasons of a rather impolite nature.  No need to explain, pardner..... Ha-ha.... just yankin' on your spurs.

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

Our local market is closing for 3 days next week. Was in Harbour Point mall, Subic Bay Free Port this morning and it was like a ghost town

I dropped my wife at the wet market in Olongapo early Saturday morning and it was very crowded, but there were no shortages.  In fact, it appeared that some of the vendors I saw had their veggies piled extra high.  My wife said there was lots of everything including the huge fresh shrimp I just ate, and they were less than the usual price.

Harbor Point has been very quiet for a few weeks.  Was the Pure Gold Market busy?

Royal is the place getting swamped.  Tried to go to the old Royal Friday afternoon and the parking lot was overflowing.  No way for me.  Later that evening someone posted these photos:

royal.jpg  royal2.jpg

So I went back at 9 AM Saturday, when they opened.  There were lines waiting to get in.  Temp check for everyone.  I can shop quick.  Got a whole cart full of our regular stuff in about 25 minutes.  Then waited in line to pay for another 25.  They were low on whole milk and only had a few cheap brands.  When I left, the store and parking lot were jammed.

Headed over to Freeport Exchange.  They have a lot of groceries at decent prices, and no big crowds at that time.  I got lucky as they had been out of our favorite milk, Devondale, and they got a new shipment.  We usually buy 10 but this time I got 20.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I dropped my wife at the wet market in Olongapo early Saturday morning and it was very crowded, but there were no shortages.  In fact, it appeared that some of the vendors I saw had their veggies piled extra high.  My wife said there was lots of everything including the huge fresh shrimp I just ate, and they were less than the usual price.

Harbor Point has been very quiet for a few weeks.  Was the Pure Gold Market busy?

Royal is the place getting swamped.  Tried to go to the old Royal Friday afternoon and the parking lot was overflowing.  No way for me.  Later that evening someone posted these photos:

royal.jpg  royal2.jpg

So I went back at 9 AM Saturday, when they opened.  There were lines waiting to get in.  Temp check for everyone.  I can shop quick.  Got a whole cart full of our regular stuff in about 25 minutes.  Then waited in line to pay for another 25.  They were low on whole milk and only had a few cheap brands.  When I left, the store and parking lot were jammed.

Headed over to Freeport Exchange.  They have a lot of groceries at decent prices, and no big crowds at that time.  I got lucky as they had been out of our favorite milk, Devondale, and they got a new shipment.  We usually buy 10 but this time I got 20.

The purgold supermarket was quite busy although not manic. We often shop at Royal but beginning to see how much more expensive they are. Items can be two or three pesos cheaper across the road at the big Puregold. Discovered at Royal you have to really watch the offers, they will often mix non-offer stuff in with the offer items. Last visit we bought some calamansi concentrate and the small bottles worked out cheaper than the big bottles per ml. Also I bought a triple pack of Maltesers and the pack in the middle of the three was a smaller size, Milk, they had the cowsdale on buy one take one but you had to read the sign carefully as it wasn't all the varieties on the offer pallet that were on offer.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 2