Western world has lost its mind

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't springs to mind.  

British Government is trying to stem the flow  by levelling out the need for hospital beds , while at the same time, urging manufacturer's to change to ventilator porduction!

The elderly and infirmed being most vulnerable, advised to stay at home indefinately.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It does not help when you have so called celebrities telling you there views and what you should be doing , but I am sure there are a few people who don’t believe them and will listen to the government or better still use your own common sense  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

still use your own common sense  

Common sense Steve :facepalm_80_anim_gif: you just spent a few months here  :89:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Common sense Steve :facepalm_80_anim_gif: you just spent a few months here  :89:

The right conditions , the right place , maybe 3 months would not have been long enough, but at lease I have LEARNED from that episode of my life being involved in the Philippines .

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just phoned my 92 year-old mum in the UK.

She's fine.  Fit and healthy. Doesn't go out much anyway.  My sister is a qualified nurse/health visitor, so (reassuringly)  keeps a close eye on her, of course. 

Mum was telling me the Queen and her hubby have moved to their country palace, to stay away from the virus.

Makes sense, when you're in your 90s. :thumbsup: 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

My mother is 86 and father 92. Dad is pretty much bedridden. I think my concern is his carers taking it in.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gary D said:

My mother is 86 and father 92. Dad is pretty much bedridden. I think my concern is his carers taking it in.

That is about the same as my wife's parents.  Papa is 87 and feeble, Mama had a stroke 4 years ago and is mostly bedridden.  Care takers are required 24x7.   We are trying to decide what to do if one or both of them get the flu.  Chance are the caretakers will disappear.  And I could not fault them as they have their own families.  So far all we can come up with is the the wife would go become the caretaker and stay until this blew over.  She is young enough that she would almost certainly survive based on the statistics.  The wife and I would have to live apart until such time as the dust settles because my age puts me in the  higher risk category.   No good choices in the situation like this, you just try to choose the best of what is available. :sad:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

FB_IMG_1584272680087.jpg

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well my daughter's wedding has been cancelled.  It was set for this coming Saturday in Canberra, the nation's capital.  A lot of the guests were coming from overseas so this combined with the impending further restrictions on gatherings in Australia bought it to a head.  It would've taken me two flights to get there:  Cairns to Sydney, then Sydney to Canberra, approximately 5 hours all up.  I'm not sure how I feel about it but at the end of the day it's better to err on the side of caution I guess.  We've been lucky in Far North Queensland, there's not been a reported case north of the greater Brisbane area, this may change as the weather cools in the coming months but fingers crossed. 

'

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Kuya John said:

The elderly and infirmed being most vulnerable, advised to stay at home indefinately.

15 hours ago, Kuya John said:

British Government is trying to stem the flow  by levelling out the need for hospital beds , while at the same time, urging manufacturer's to change to ventilator porduction!

2 hours ago, Mike J said:

That is about the same as my wife's parents.  Papa is 87 and feeble, Mama had a stroke 4 years ago and is mostly bedridden.  Care takers are required 24x7.   We are trying to decide what to do if one or both of them get the flu.  Chance are the caretakers will disappear.  And I could not fault them as they have their own families.  So far all we can come up with is the the wife would go become the caretaker and stay until this blew over.  She is young enough that she would almost certainly survive based on the statistics.  The wife and I would have to live apart until such time as the dust settles because my age puts me in the  higher risk category.   No good choices in the situation like this, you just try to choose the best of what is available. :sad:

6 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Well my daughter's wedding has been cancelled.  It was set for this coming Saturday in Canberra, the nation's capital.  A lot of the guests were coming from overseas so this combined with the impending further restrictions on gatherings in Australia bought it to a head.  It would've taken me two flights to get there:  Cairns to Sydney, then Sydney to Canberra, approximately 5 hours all up.  I'm not sure how I feel about it but at the end of the day it's better to err on the side of caution I guess.  We've been lucky in Far North Queensland, there's not been a reported case north of the greater Brisbane area, this may change as the weather cools in the coming months but fingers crossed. 

'

Yeah... I hate all this, as do we all, I suspect...

So I reiterate that I will simply stay at home. It really seems like the safest way to stay alive and healthy - hopefully. Maybe this plague is more virulent or not... Still to date, nobody really knows much about it. So I prefer to try to be safer than sorrier. I know that is not the choice of many, but that is my choice...

And I will continue to be online and watch my investments flush down the toilet - as have done recently - or maybe recover, hopefully soon...

Meanwhile, we will go visit the home site again on Saturday - if all goes sort of well...

• Like 5