Western world has lost its mind

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I think living in a place such as the Philippines one needs a slightly different mindset. I don’t consider myself a hoarder, but I think it prudent to keep a reasonable stock of items to prepare for the unexpected. This time it is Co-vid19, it could easily be a typhoon, or earthquake, or Tsunami. Any of these can lead to shortages of basic necessities such as medicines, water and foodstuffs. If Typhoon Jolanda is a good yardstick then it could easily be a week before any relief effort might arrive.

We keep sufficient of the necessities to last us at least a couple of weeks, and in the case of my medication at least a month. 
Just a couple of items added each time you shop soon mounts up. 

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I think my wife has not got this right at all. She said to me, we will eat all of the food in the house, then we will go shopping :89:

I need to have a little talk to her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, we're in the midst of what is possibly the worst global crisis most of us on this planet have faced, forget global warming etc etc - it's tomorrow's problem and this virus is today's. Of course it's going to bring inconvenience and hardship, but as long as we come out the other end it's all good. 

Stay safe by taking the reasonable precautions we know we should, make sure you're not starved albeit you may have to cut back on your preferred foods and keep your perspective.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

If I was to sum up the situation here  in UK, seeing the Government response, they were totally unprepared for such as this pandemic.

There has been a total delay in protecting frontline hospital staff, their families and the Elderly.

It is only now they are talking of delivering sufficient essential protective items which apparently they only aquired recently.

It is also clear that no matter how many ventilators they obtain, they will need to train staff as to how to use them.

There is talk of increasing the number of people checked for the virus, upwards from 10.000 per day( Mostly in London at present ) while places like South Korea can or have been  checking 40.000 per day!

We will fumble our way through this as best we can, with the dedication of not just the medical frontline, but by the general public realising we all need each other to beat this.

Has the "Western World Lost it's mind"............no we have just allowed our survival instinct's of the Human Jungle show it's ugly face.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

but as long as we come out the other end it's all good. 

That's why the need for all the toilet tissue, HK!!!!

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

We will fumble our way through this as best we can, with the dedication of not just the medical frontline, but by the general public realising we all need each other to beat this.

Well said.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

If I was to sum up the situation here  in UK, seeing the Government response, they were totally unprepared for such as this pandemic.

There has been a total delay in protecting frontline hospital staff, their families and the Elderly.

It is only now they are talking of delivering sufficient essential protective items which apparently they only aquired recently.

It is also clear that no matter how many ventilators they obtain, they will need to train staff as to how to use them.

There is talk of increasing the number of people checked for the virus, upwards from 10.000 per day( Mostly in London at present ) while places like South Korea can or have been  checking 40.000 per day!

Has the "Western World Lost it's mind"............no we have just allowed our survival instinct's of the Human Jungle show it's ugly face.

I understand all you are saying , but I would rather be here in England then anywhere else in the world at this moment in time .

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

I understand all you are saying , but I would rather be here in England then anywhere else in the world at this moment in time .

I think if I had a choice of any first world country right now I'd choose New Zealand, south island but there are LOTS of worse places to be than the UK (or Australia for that matter) right now.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I think if I had a choice of any first world country right now I'd choose New Zealand, south island but there are LOTS of worse places to be than the UK (or Australia for that matter) right now.

I'd pick Stewart Island or Taswegia....personally.

There used to be great pizza in Hobart many years ago and there are great wineries there too. And Cadbury's and scallops!!!

... And both islands have good beer available always! Just lock the doors and sit and eat and drink and relax there!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I'd pick Stewart Island or Taswegia....personally. There used to be great pizza in Hobart many years ago and there are great wineries there too... And both islands have good beer available always! Just lock the doors and sit and eat and drink and relax there!

Tasmania is a good choice too, they've got 14 day quarantine even from the rest of Australia and only a few cases.

I didn't even think of Stewart Island but yes there too...

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2