The virus and travel bans.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Here I am in Australia for a break to do medical and have a week to go till I depart, the GF called me last night and told me that there were travel bans in place for Manila, that I won’t be able to leave for the province, so I said no problems I will go and stay with my friends in Puerto Galera, she said I can’t even get to Batangas.

So what is going on back in the Philippines please folks.?

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

As of the moment, from tomorrow (15th March) there is no domestic air, sea or land travel to/from Manila for 30 days. But Duterte says this will be subject to daily review. So it would appear you will be stuck in Manila unless you can re-route your flight to Clark or Cebu. 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately I cannot change my port of arrival, so I guess I had better start looking for somewhere to stay for 14 days, as that seems the length of self isolation that other countries are imposing.

New Zealand Just imposed such a ban on people returning from overseas.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Unfortunately I cannot change my port of arrival, so I guess I had better start looking for somewhere to stay for 14 days, as that seems the length of self isolation that other countries are imposing.

New Zealand Just imposed such a ban on people returning from overseas.

If the  Manila travel ban lasts the full 30 days, or possibly longer, you might have to stay there the whole time, not just 14 days.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The 14 day isolation may be needed - but domestic air, sea, and land transport is still restricted for 30 days. If you come in internationally... sounds like you stay in Manila.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Bloody hell 30 days, I had better prepare for that.

But the way this man changes his mind anything could happen.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

On a side note, but still the same subject, the airlines are not giving much leeway in the form of cancellations, and or date changes to reservations.

So if I was to change my dates of travel, the end cost would be about the same as a months Airbnb cost. I am thinking of booking something while the opportunity exists, which is double talk for what could happen, the owners get wind of what is going on and the prices escalate.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if there is someplace to do some grocery shopping near terminal 3?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

As of the moment, from tomorrow (15th March) there is no domestic air, sea or land travel to/from Manila for 30 days.

If what you posted is true, Bearman, then I believe Onemore may be stuck in Oz. I say this because the next logical step will be to stop or limit international travel to/from almost everywhere?

Personally, I think it may be best to just stay put, wherever you are... at least - as Filipinos love to say - "for a while, sir.":smile:

Edited by Tommy T.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Maybe best to just postpone it. They just announced all the malls will be closed and a curfew too, won't be much to do here by yourself.