The virus and travel bans.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Does anyone know if there is someplace to do some grocery shopping near terminal 3?

Depends of course where you end up staying, but Aseana area is not too far away, maybe 15 minutes which has an S&R. Or maybe Taguig, which is also not too far which has lots of Airbnb and supermarket options, and Market Market and Venice Grand Mall. It’s also not too far from Makati which would be good if you are stuck there for a month.

There is talk of malls being closed but I would think supermarkets would still be open so I would look for someplace near an SM or similar supermarket.

Edited by Huggybearman

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

My GF's daughter was supposed to fly in from Buutan April 6 for a visit. We already bought the round trip ticket. Now..who the hell knows?:mellow:

• Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

My GF's daughter was supposed to fly in from Buutan April 6 for a visit. We already bought the round trip ticket. Now..who the hell knows?:mellow:

Yup, we have friends coming from Australia the first week of April.  Looks like they will have to cancel.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm in Australia at the moment as well selling an investment property, there are no direct flights but I can fly via Changi or KL to Cebu and then on to Cagayan De Oro.

Or at least I'm supposed to be able to.  I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to book a month ahead with all the uncertainty around travel bans and my frequent traveller travel insurance (1 year multiple trip) won't cover me for any Corona virus related expenses because I'm currently in Australia so it's a 'known risk'.

At least SWMBO was understanding, she told me that "it is better you don't fly right now, it's not safe".

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've already been caught out with domestic flights and now ships.  The general rule for international flights is:  If the country of origin has two confirmed cases of locally transmitted Coronavirus then that countries tourists are prevented entry.  If you are married and on a permanent visa you can enter but must quarantine for 14 days.  Forget Batangas it's just goes into community quarantine tomorrow at 12:01pm. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Best you can do is try.  When we left the country there was a ban on Fiipinas flying to South Korea.  At 4 PM on the day we left there was a press release that Filipinas who were permanent residents of other countries could transit through South Korea ICN so we got out.

Point is the situation changes minute by minute and case by case.  All the time we were sitting in a hotel waiting and hoping there were people telling us we were not gonna make it. Nobody knew then and nobody knew now.

Bring a mask in case someone says no entry without mask.  Take cough suppresant if you think you might cough and do your best to avoid any other cold-like things.  There be vigilantes out there.  Just kidding. . .  or am I?

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted

Looks like I got lucky, at least if that’s what you want to call being able to return to the USA a few days ago. A friend told me they’re locking down Angeles City and closing the bars for a week or so. I’m not sure if that also applies to flights in/out of Clark. 

My fight did change though. Originally I was supposed to fly from Manila via Hong Kong to Dallas and then onwards to Tampa. Instead it changed to Manila, Tokyo, Seattle and then direct to Tampa. Manila and Tokyo officials were screening passengers (asking about travel for the past 30 days) and checking passengers temperatures with one of those no touch type thermometers (they were doing that at Green Belt Mall as I stayed the night before near there). What was odd that in Seattle, other then the airport being nearly empty, they didn’t do or ask anything. 

Naturally all of airports were not too busy, but the line for OFW’s at Manila seemed as long as usual. 

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've already been caught out with domestic flights and now ships.  The general rule for international flights is:  If the country of origin has two confirmed cases of locally transmitted Coronavirus then that countries tourists are prevented entry.  If you are married and on a permanent visa you can enter but must quarantine for 14 days.  Forget Batangas it's just goes into community quarantine tomorrow at 12:01pm. 

Snowy, the 2 confirmed cases you mention means every country doesn’t it really.

• Hmm thinking 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Snowy, the 2 confirmed cases you mention means every country doesn’t it really.

Locally transmitted with no record of travel but as you say that pretty much covers most places now. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Does anyone know if there is someplace to do some grocery shopping near terminal 3?

to many to list. If you go that route you should be fine