The virus and travel bans.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Iloilo province just announced a border restriction until April 14.  According to Philstar, residents only are allowed to enter, and after Tuesday must be quarantined.  There was not any further detail about what type of quarantine.  

If 2  (Antique & Iloilo) of the 4 provinces that compose Panay Island are placing 14 day + quarantine restrictions to travel now, I suppose that the other 2 (Capiz & Aklan) will probably follow suit.  If it becomes the norm, a lot of places will be protective isolation cells for the next 2 weeks.  It works well for spy networks, but we'll see how it works with a pandemic now if that becomes a  reality.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

If 2  (Antique & Iloilo) of the 4 provinces that compose Panay Island are placing 14 day + quarantine restrictions to travel now, I suppose that the other 2 (Capiz & Aklan) will probably follow suit.  If it becomes the norm, a lot of places will be protective isolation cells for the next 2 weeks.  It works well for spy networks, but we'll see how it works with a pandemic now if that becomes a  reality.

Aklan is going into community quarantine. 

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Davao City is under Community Quarantine. The proclamation says residents "may not" go out outside but for specific reasons. Religious activities have been canceled.

We just returned from an S&R run and the store was very full. The package counter, which was done away with, was back outside at the entrance, the boxing-up area was converted to cart (trolley) parking, and the boxing area was moved outside, like they do at the Holidays.

Shelves were very full as well with stacks of pallets to the ceiling and even even outside the building.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Cebu stopping inbound domestic flights.  Cebuanos are allowed to leave buy can only return after 30 days.   

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/regions/729727/cebu-imposes-travel-ban-amid-covid-19-threat/story/

The provincial government of Cebu prohibited the entry of travelers starting Sunday, March 15, amid the threat from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), according a report on GMA News’ Unang Balita on Sunday.

Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia said flights from Metro Manila and Dumaguete City are barred from landing in the province starting Sunday.

On Monday, March 16, travel from Cagayan de Oro, Legazpi City, and New Clark City to Cebu will be prohibited.

All domestic flights to Cebu will be banned starting Tuesday, March 17.

For sea travel, passengers from Dumaguete City will not be allowed to enter the province starting Sunday.

On Monday, passengers from San Carlos City and Escalante City in Negros Occidental as well as from Guihulngan City in Negros Oriental will also be prohibited.

No sea travelers will be allowed to enter Cebu on Tuesday.

For international flights, passengers from Spain have to undergo a 14-day quarantine period in Cebu starting Monday.

Garcia clarified that the travel ban is not community quarantine.

She said Cebuanos are still allowed to leave the province.

However, they will only be allowed to return after 30 days

• Sad 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

She said Cebuanos are still allowed to leave the province.

However, they will only be allowed to return after 30 days

Right let me see if I have got this straight. The mayor rightfully wants to keep the virus out of Cebu. So anyone who leaves the safe haven of Cebu and goes out into the wide world where the virus is rife can circulate amonst it for 29 days then on the 30th day can go back into the safe haven of Cebu.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Right let me see if I have got this straight. The mayor rightfully wants to keep the virus out of Cebu. So anyone who leaves the safe haven of Cebu and goes out into the wide world where the virus is rife can circulate amonst it for 29 days then on the 30th day can go back into the safe haven of Cebu.

Gary... since when did government policies ever make sense?:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Gary... since when did government policies ever make sense?:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I "think" it means the quarantine will last 30 days AND maybe longer?   Hotel California in reverse, you can leave but not come back.?

• Hmm thinking 2

TimL
Posted
Posted

Cebu is now doing 14 day mandatory quarantines for all inbound passengers to Mactan Intl. 

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu provincial government’s 14-day mandatory quarantine now excuses no one.

Starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all passengers arriving at the Mactan Cebu International Airport via any international flight shall be required to undergo quarantine as a measure against the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

Governor Gwendolyn Garcia announced this development through an executive order that she issued late Sunday evening, March 15.

“There continues to be a clear and present danger presented by the COVID-19 that warrants an immediate need for the implementation of stricter measures to prevent its entry into Cebu while establishing protocols for the quarantine of all persons coming from any foreign country,” Garcia said in her Executive Order no. 5-J.

Based on Garcia’s EO, Filipinos arriving from foreign countries shall be placed under home quarantine while foreigners shall undergo mandatory quarantine at designated quarantine facilities “at their own expense

Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/294366/cebu-expands-quarantine-protocols-to-all-intl-arrivals#ixzz6GoFwNBTo 

• Thanks 1