Toilet Paper Shortage in the USA!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

0-02-01-5cbcc4aa926c837b847ba45d3ca692c926c2eb01c6e586013b7e294d2143136f_1c6d9cf5d51d7f.jpg

Yeah.... I did that...:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

That said, rare is the ex-pat that can adapt or is willing to change over to what is arguably a faster, cleaner and more economical method of bum cleaning while living here.     

I'm quite happy to use a bidet or some other type of spray hose instead of TP but my arthritis makes it hard to use a tabo (yes I've tried... not terribly successfully).

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

I'm willing to give anything a try...especially as it will save me money !

So...how do I stop my undies and other clothing from getting wet, after the generous application of the water ?  :89:

The trick is to use a soapy finger or two of the NON-dipper or bum gun hand to pre-lube the bunghole with a skin-protecting soap film  so nothing sticks while exiting. Its a small area on even the biggest, real A-Holes you've ever met. 

Then position yourself on the front on the bowl so your junk is hanging over the front edge so your excretion and dipper water is centered  and  c;an drop/drain/flow from the low point into  the center of the commode. otherwise the rinse water will run onto the back flat of the commode rim and run onto the floor tiles 

While running the water down the crack channel, use the soapy finger to rum the bung clean of any residue and soap. Do it correctly and nothing should 'stick around' since you primed the skin surfaces with a non-stick primer and given the material a gravity controlled,  clear drop evacuation shot. 

The wetted area is small and will partially air dry, or be closed off when you stand. Any clean water moisture will eventually evaporate from skin heat like it does from an exercised armpit. If it bothers you to have a slightly wet bung hole for a minute, cheat and use a square or two to dab the moisture before standing.

Takes a bit of practice.... butt iz daily, so people learn quickly. When mastered, your clothes and bowl rim should stay dry and 'un-soiled'. .. or at least sanitary. 

To keep the soap clean and hygienic, when cleaning the primer finger you use the soap lather from the lower palm only initially. 

Kinda like changing a baby's diaper in that you strive to avoid direct fecal contact.... but failing that, wash your fingers and nail edges well when done.  Don't worry.... if a bit of dung contact killed or maimed, the hospital wards would contain the entire population. Its OPS (other people's sh*t) that makes life miserable.

:boohoo:

It seems a better way than smearing your own dung around the bung in an effort to clean it.  Before the advent of sanitary wet-wipes, that was the norm unless you showered after evacuating your gut.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

So nobody uses dried leaves anymore ?  :89:

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Rinse that off your botty.... :mocking:

projectile crap.gif

• Sad 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, graham59 said:

So nobody uses dried leaves anymore ?  :89:

Fresh leaves work better. Don't know about the Philippines but in Jamaica there is a common plant with fuzzy just-the-right-size leaves which works very well.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Hmm... maybe I will try some of the larger leaves of the Mexican Oregano plant, which flourishes in our garden. :89:

Would leave one's undergarments smelling nice too.  

• Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hoarding toilet paper is stupid. Prepare for boredom. Get games and books. Don't forget enough sauce for all that rice you bought.

"The only real luxury is hot water on a cold day and cold water on a hot day."

From an article by a guy from Vanuatu with much experience regarding shortages.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, graham59 said:

I'm willing to give anything a try...especially as it will save me money !

So...how do I stop my undies and other clothing from getting wet, after the generous application of the water ?  :89:

When you pour, or spray the bum gun, make sure your squat is good.  Your butt needs to be lower than your knees. That way the water runs down to the bowl, and not down your leg. You can either air dry, or use a small towel.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Our local QFC and Safeway grocery stores were low on TP Friday morning. Most Western Washington stores have no more than 5 limit on cleaning supplies. Oddly enough large supply of bleach on hand. Some stores had a run on popular can goods and TP. By Friday evening some shelves were empty according to facebook.

Great stock of beer on hand. :89:

Noticed the local pot shop parking lots are overflowing. Not unusual for a Friday afternoon. 

Folks from Seattle have lost their minds years ago so no surprises. 

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic