Manila- lockdown?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Is Manila still in lockdown mode with no visitors allowed in?

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Only people that can prove they reside in Manila for now and workers with company ID's. 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Snowy

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Yesterday my wife showed me a picture of her brother in Taguig who is PNP. He and another PNP were dressed in military fatigues with some serious looking weapons standing in an intersection with only a few people visible in the photograph.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Why on earth do they need these weapons ? Ridiculous. I hope the safety catches are effective. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Why on earth do they need these weapons ? Ridiculous. I hope the safety catches are effective. :rolleyes:

I did notice in the picture that my brother in laws finger was outside the trigger in a safe position. He is also a competitive marksman and we have helped sponsor his team.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

Why on earth do they need these weapons ?

Probably to show they are serious. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its not just the Philippines locking things down.  Our Prime Minister in Canada just announced he is locking down the entire country so that only permanent residents and citizens of Canada are allowed to enter.   Lots of other stuff here that is similar to what you are experiencing over there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Little off topic perhaps how ever we were coming into Bacolod around 5 pm yesterday. Took over 3 hours to drive through check point, they just checked temp and asked me a few questions Re, my previous travels.  

Now going to stay put, no more travel out of city, no fun sitting car for so long and hardly moving.

graham59
Posted
Posted

I was just pointing out to the Mrs  how fortunate we are to have our own transport.  

bike gif-small.gif

• Like 3