BI offices require wearing of face masks.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I went to my local Immigration office this morning in Cagayan de Oro. There was a large notice on the door stating NO FACE MASKS - NO ENTRY.

The security guard on duty was turning away everyone who was not wearing a face mask. According to the immigration lady who was dealing with me, this is now a nationwide requirement at all BI offices until further notice.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

I went to my local Immigration office this morning in Cagayan de Oro. There was a large notice on the door stating NO FACE MASKS - NO ENTRY.

The security guard on duty was turning away everyone who was not wearing a face mask. According to the immigration lady who was dealing with me, this is now a nationwide requirement at all BI offices until further notice.

This has actually been in force for about 6 weeks as the wife and I discovered when doing the rounds of government offices prior to getting married back in February.   

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

This has actually been in force for about 6 weeks as the wife and I discovered when doing the rounds of government offices prior to getting married back in February.   

It seems CDO is lagging behind everyone else. I was in the BI office last Friday and there was no mention of face masks. It caught me out this morning so I had to return home to to get one. Fortunately we had some delivered from Lazada a few days ago.

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

Bit of an issue as you cant buy a Face mask......

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Bit of an issue as you cant buy a Face mask......

It is indeed. Face masks are rarer than hens teeth here, and probably most places. But that argument fell on deaf ears at the BI office. No mask, no entry! They turned away a lot of visitors, that’s for sure. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Face masks are rarer than hens teeth here

This kind of mask is as usefull as the ones most Filipinos use.  Do the BI specify the kind of mask?

mask.jpg

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This kind of mask is as usefull as the ones most Filipinos use.  Do the BI specify the kind of mask?

mask.jpg

I think any kind of mask might be acceptable. From what I understand from the advice put out by the UK government, masks aren’t very effective at preventing the spread of the virus anyway.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

We were lucky in that our hotel in Dumaguete sold them at reception.  We managed to have enough for those that attended the wedding at the court house as wee.  Barring that, it would have been towels wrapped around our faces which a lot of people were doing and being allowed in. 

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I was on a tour of Norther luzon last week and ended up in Sta Ana which is the furthest north eastern point of Luzon. Came to one little hotel that had a " No Mask No Entry" sign... no other hotel had such a sign so I asked the guard if i could come in just to see the rooms. One guard and another joined him and said.. " No were full, No were private No were closed. " I suggested they just say Non Filipinos werent welcome, no need to spout so many lies.

found an excellent hotel next door that couldnt have been more friendly, more accommodating and way less discriminating. Sometimes in small places people have small minds. Im sure the same happens in Europe and US too.  Diseases cant be local therefor they must have been bought in by "those pesky foreigners" lol

• Like 1