Jump to content
Arizona Kid

Driving at night with tinted windows.

Recommended Posts

You can tell when the tinting is too heavy, they cut holes in it so you can see the wing mirrors. I've had rentals where in the dark I've had to wind the side window down to be able see when pulling into traffic. My Wildtrak has tints, I assume the factory tint but I'm still uncomfortable driving after dark.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, intrepid said:

Sorry to hear about this AK.  I often wondered how some people see with the dark tinted windows at night. I hope he doesn't suffer too long there.   Along those same lines if someone could design or make a auto darkening window tint that was not too expensive, like eye glasses they could become rich! :tiphat:

I was talking to my GF the other day about the exact thing. Have a switch in the car that you can turn the tint on and off. I think I saw somewhere that it's already in existence for houses and office building.:89:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I was talking to my GF the other day about the exact thing. Have a switch in the car that you can turn the tint on and off. I think I saw somewhere that it's already in existence for houses and office building.:89:

Yeah... I think you close your eyes here when driving during the day and then open them at night? Same difference?:89:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... I think you close your eyes here when driving during the day and then open them at night? Same difference?:89:

Interesting concept. Is that your style?:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Interesting concept. Is that your style?:huh:

Yep... works quite well except the night part. See no evil...etc...

There are still those who wander around after dark wearing dark clothes that I almost hit when they walk across the road outside of crosswalks without looking either way... I think they are looking to win Darwin awards!

 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a very sad story and I wish all the best to your bro in law, AK!

A couple of years ago I had a KIA with tinted windows and the windshield was pitch-black from the outside but amazingly bright from the inside - driving at night was no problem at all.

I was told that this was some special brand of tint which was a little bit expensive, but I don't know it's name though.

 

Another question on topic:

did your brother in law have a dashcam that recorded the incident?

Might be helpful for him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time I used the headlights on the car I bought I thought they weren't working the tint was so dark. I took that off fairly sharpish. Even so driving at night here is too stressful to be fun. I do it because sometimes you have to but speed is reduced and overtaking (undertaking!) becomes much less frequent. The Filipino habit of not bothering with lights and pedestrian predilection for dark clothing and sauntering across roads without a care in the world makes one pay sharp attention.

  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DavidK said:

First time I used the headlights on the car I bought I thought they weren't working the tint was so dark. I took that off fairly sharpish. Even so driving at night here is too stressful to be fun. I do it because sometimes you have to but speed is reduced and overtaking (undertaking!) becomes much less frequent. The Filipino habit of not bothering with lights and pedestrian predilection for dark clothing and sauntering across roads without a care in the world makes one pay sharp attention.

And then L wonders why I need to chug some Tanduay after we get home? Go figure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...