Jump to content
TimL

Philippine Airlines cancels all domestic flights

Recommended Posts

I just wonder when it will end up, and Philippine Airlines will bring them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ernest4MM said:

I just wonder when it will end up, and Philippine Airlines will bring them back.

We all are at this point. Not having transportation or the ability to move around much, is definitely weighing on most everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I firmly believe we, as humans during this outbreak, should not rush, but continue to try to be patient. It will be painful for a while, but, rushing things may cause the pain to last a very long time, in my opinion.

  • Like 2
  • Love it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PAL was supposed to start a route from Seattle in May.  I would imagine that isn't going to happen now.   Ahh well, hopefully this will all be over by Early September when I'm set to retire and move to the Philippines.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

PAL was supposed to start a route from Seattle in May.  I would imagine that isn't going to happen now.   Ahh well, hopefully this will all be over by Early September when I'm set to retire and move to the Philippines.

I was unaware PAL was planning flights from SEA. And good news on your upcoming retirement!! :6:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I firmly believe we, as humans during this outbreak, should not rush, but continue to try to be patient. It will be painful for a while, but, rushing things may cause the pain to last a very long time, in my opinion.

Some people spent too much time in the Philippines....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

I was unaware PAL was planning flights from SEA. And good news on your upcoming retirement!! :6:

Here is some info on the PAL Seattle flights.  

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/01/07/philippine-airlines-will-launch-new-flights-to-seattle-and-resume-flights-to-los-angeles/

Philippine Airlines will expand its presence in the US with the launch of new flights to Seattle from Manila and the resumption of flights from Cebu to Los Angeles in May this year, according to routesonline.com, which cites OAG Schedules Analyser data.

New flights to Seattle

Seattle will mark the Philippine flag carrier’s fifth destination in the US. The carrier will fly three times weekly between Seattle and Manila using an Airbus A350-900XWB with 295 seats, including 30 business class seats, 24 premium economy seats and 241 economy class seats.

The airline’s business class seats, which are equipped with 18.5 inch IFE screens, have 44 inches of pitch, a width of up to 24 inches, and “full-flat”, 78-inch-long beds.

Here is the schedule:

Flight     Route    Departure     Arrival     Aircraft 
PR128    Manila – Seattle    2245    1945    A350-900XWB
PR129    Seattle – Manila    2305    0335+1    A350-900XWB
The route is set to launch on May 3, 2020, though reservations are not yet open.

Resuming Cebu-Los Angeles route

The airline will also resume its Cebu-Los Angeles service. It plans to fly this route, which it suspended in May 2017, three times weekly on a Boeing 777-300ER aircraft with 370 seats. The first flight will be on 2 May this year.

Here is the full schedule:

Flight     Route    Departure     Arrival     Aircraft 
PR152    Cebu – Los Angeles    2100    1930    B777-300ER
PR153    Los Angeles – Cebu    2230    0500+2    B777-300ER
“We are still in the process of refining details and working on arrangements, so we’re not in a position to confirm anything or make an official announcement at this stage,” an airline spokesperson told Business Traveller Asia-Pacific when asked to comment on the new flights.

In December last year, Philippine Airlines announced that it will launch a new four-times-weekly non-stop service between Manila and Perth in March 2020.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Some people spent too much time in the Philippines....

Perhaps... But maybe the reverse is true? Not enough people have spent enough time in the Philippines to chill and relax. So a lockdown may last many weeks? Fine. Just accept it and let this virus pass. Enjoy indoor sports and eat lots of rice!!!

  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Perhaps... But maybe the reverse is true? Not enough people have spent enough time in the Philippines to chill and relax. So a lockdown may last many weeks? Fine. Just accept it and let this virus pass. Enjoy indoor sports and eat lots of rice!!!

For you and I it's that easy,Tom.  But for a significant percentage of the population here it's far from that simple.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

For you and I it's that easy,Tom.  But for a significant percentage of the population here it's far from that simple.

Yup... I understand that too. I am referring mainly to "foreigners" who are antsy to move along...

Edited by Tommy T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...