2 Weeks Supply

gery0x
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Miles away or outside of the Gulf of Davao I would probably trust... But inside the gulf...? I am not so sanguine, Gery...sorry... And maybe I am wrong... won't be the first time...

No need to be sorry Tom, all fine! :smile:

You do have a point about the pollution of the Davao gulf, that's for sure.

Asides of the Davao Sewer River there is also a big harbour here which comes to great effect in terms of pollution, let's not forget that!

But have you ever tried the waters in southern Samal for example, or around Talikud Island? When snorkling there I see almost no trash or litter, nothing but clean turquoise-blue water and (delicious, probably also healthy) fish of all kinds!

You don't need to go miles outside to find that here, but that's just my perception.

I would prefer to eat African Swine Fever contaminated pork or Mad Cow infected beef

Please don't LOL!

And the fish were absolutely packed so closely that they could barely move around

That would be a no-go for me aswell - these fish had a life full of stress which definitely affects their taste *imho*

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, gery0x said:

Nobody knows if and when the Pinoys come to the livesaving idea of implementing a liquor ban, which they sometimes believe is the one and only solution for everything...

Liquor ban now in effect in Davao City from 5PM to 9AM. Back to day-drinking for me!

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Okay... I will refrain from a LOL about Mad Cow beef... for a while...

When I was actively sailing, I caught any number of pelagic fish - what wonderful food they were! It actually got to the point once when I remarked to my then-wife, gee.... I hope we catch something other than mahi mahi... I am tired of this! Can you imagine that?

But fresh caught wahoo, mahi mahi, yellowfin tuna.... wow!

Now the yellowfin costs us p350/ kg? (I honestly forget since I have not bought it in a long while. Maybe it was p550?)

L served me some - I guess it was tilapia - a few weeks ago... It smelled and tasted like mud. I had one bite and refused the rest. I reasoned in my mind that if if tasted like mud, it was mud.... no thanks...

And, the way I see it, soon there will likely be little to no pelagic fish around for anyone. I guess I am just glad that I had a chance to taste and enjoy. I really feel sorry for future generations and am - in a pessimistic way - okay, that I don't have kids... But I am sorry for those who do...

gery0x
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Liquor ban now in effect in Davao City from 5PM to 9AM.

Do you have any gov't source for that information?!

13 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

When I was actively sailing, I caught any number of pelagic fish

Well yes, if you did that, then it's no wonder that the Davao Gulf fish wont meet your expectations...

14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I really feel sorry for future generations and am - in a pessimistic way - okay, that I don't have kids... But I am sorry for those who do...

That sounds pessimistic indeed :sad:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, gery0x said:

That sounds pessimistic indeed :sad:

I think maybe I got spoiled... Think about catching a yellowfin tuna, cleaning and chilling it for a few hours, then gorging on sashimi maybe only three hours after catching? Then bbqing a few hours later off the back of the yacht... Hmmm... I almost miss some of those days now...

Yeah... sorry for the attitude... I just can't feel very positive sometimes for future generations... Ask me tomorrow and maybe I will be more optimistic?:smile:

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Liquor ban now in effect in Davao City from 5PM to 9AM. Back to day-drinking for me!

What???

gery0x
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Ask me tomorrow and maybe I will be more optimistic?

Yeah I already figured you're not having the best day today...

Don't worry, be happy mate! :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:
22 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

What???

I think he made a joke or it was tsismis from Facebook....

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, gery0x said:

Yeah I already figured you're not having the best day today...

Don't worry, be happy mate!

I guess I am a bit too transparent - I am in a bit of a funk now...... Thanks for your words... they really are inspirational...:smile:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Jim but on a Brownout most providers go down too :89: Your PC will work but will the Modem have a signal from the provider

I have used it several time Jack, PLDT works just fine.

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And maybe soon I might need to become a vegetarian!!!

Put some lovely Carabao poo on my veggies this morning.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 2