2 Weeks Supply

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Put some lovely Carabao poo on my veggies this morning.  :thumbsup:

Sounds quite yummy, Graham... but I think I will just let you enjoy that yourself. I hope you rinse it off before imbibing?

Or is that your version of Vegemite when stocks are low????:Caught:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Correct, jack.

I'm with Globe - in a brownout I use a smartphone power bank and a 5v-12v power lead adaptor to connect my modem to the powerbank - works a treat and never lets me down.  However, after a couple of hours or so the Globe cabinet runs out of juice and the connection is lost.  The weakest point in the chain is the one that breaks and it's outside our control.  Of course, we can use the data connection outside but that's patchy at best dependant on your location.  

I use PLDT home fibr, and I can tell you during a brownout PLDT still works it carries it's own power down the line. All I need is a battery and an inverter, connect the modem to the inverter- inverter to the battery.:tiphat:

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I have used it several time Jack, PLDT works just fine.

Our PLDT fiber modem goes off during power cuts, because of course...it needs to be connected to mains power . :89:

Even our old one, with the antenna atop the pole needs electric power.  

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, graham59 said:

Our PLDT fiber modem goes off during power cuts, because of course...it needs to be connected to mains power . :89:

Even our old one, with the antenna atop the pole needs electric power.  

LOL, it needs power, even a battery has power.

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

LOL, it needs power, even a battery has power.

Haha...you were writing the correct solution while I was 'pondering' . :biggrin:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Agreed... L loves the bangus (thanks for reminding me of what "milkfish" are called here) and eats it regularly. After seeing it raised in captivity under those conditions, I refuse to touch it. Just my preference...

A lot of the larger fish around CDO and Ozamiz areas are raised in closed off fish ponds with artificial machines aerating the water.  I think I'd rather that than the close caught bay fish myself.  Generally when there I restrict myself to the larger ocean fish but honestly who knows how far out it's caught.  Still, got to be better than the little ones caught inshore.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, gery0x said:

Do you have any gov't source for that information?!

@gery0x @Tommy T.

I misremembered by an hour but it's true. It's 5PM to 8AM. From the city Facebook site:

liquor_ban.jpg

• Thanks 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

@gery0x @Tommy T.

I misremembered by an hour but it's true. It's 5PM to 8AM. From the city Facebook site:

liquor_ban.jpg

Politicians taking advantage of crises seems to be a trend.  There are several similar things in the news in the US, i.e. mayor banning gun sales, extension of surveillance programs that were set to expire, property confiscation, etc. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I use PLDT home fibr, and I can tell you during a brownout PLDT still works it carries it's own power down the line. All I need is a battery and an inverter, connect the modem to the inverter- inverter to the battery.:tiphat:

I don't doubt it - but with Globe it's not the case.  It will survive 2 or so hours and then it's done.  The other provider in our area, not PLDT, stops immediately when the power is off - it's a fiber connection as well whilst ours is a hybrid.  I actually spoke to the Globe tech guy yesterday as he was updating our modem and he said he was surprised we even got as long as a couple of hours - previously it was even less but they probably renewed the battery in the box recently.  

Edit for the avoidance of doubt - the modem goes off immediately the power does, and I then connect my powerbank and lead to the modem and off it goes again. Actually, on it goes again I should say.  In my set up, the PC itself is the weak link as it lasts only an hour or so then it's drained.  

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Thanks for sharing that JD...

• Like 1