2 Weeks Supply

jimeve
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

We have both Globe and PLDT fiber. During a brownout our PLDT drops out after about an hour but Globe seems to carry on indefinitely until the power comes back on. Longest brownout we have monitored is about four hours. So I guess Globe has a good back-up supply.

We run both off our UPS which runs also several lights, fans and my wife’s lap top for at least four hours (for her teaching) before the battery gets to 50% capacity.

That's strange, I wonder why my PLDT keeps going and yours stops?

How many watts is your UPS? And what make is it please?

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, jimeve said:

That's strange, I wonder why my PLDT keeps going and yours stops?

How many watts is your UPS? And what make is it please?

I think it depends on the state of the back-up battery in the local providers distrubution box. I guess Globes is good and PLDT's is knackered!

I made my own UPS. It has a 350 watt pure sine wave invertor, multi stage 'intelligent' charger and a 110ah deep cycle gel battery.

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

@JDDavao, @gery0x and any other Davaonians....

Maybe this is too late... But perhaps a heads up for you...

But I just spoke with L who told me that SM Ecoland will be closing soon today. I have no other details about when it might reopen or if this is just early closing for today... I also don't know anything about the other SM or any other stores.

So our working student is on his way there to buy a few last minute veggies and other supplies if they are still available...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

I made my own UPS. It has a 350 watt pure sine wave invertor, multi stage 'intelligent' charger and a 110ah deep cycle gel battery.

That looks way cool, Bearman... nice job! Maybe you can share some details regarding the construction and where you obtained the parts?

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

@JDDavao, @gery0x and any other Davaonians....

Maybe this is too late... But perhaps a heads up for you...

But I just spoke with L who told me that SM Ecoland will be closing soon today. I have no other details about when it might reopen or if this is just early closing for today... I also don't know anything about the other SM or any other stores.

So our working student is on his way there to buy a few last minute veggies and other supplies if they are still available...

Tom, ask L to check the wording of the safety measures being taken.  They probably vary from city to city.  Where we are, certain essential businesses are allowed to remain open, such as grocery stores. 

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2020 at 1:21 AM, Tommy T. said:

Easy to keep anything free from ants... Just isolate using water - like empty tuna cans or likewise with water in them and then smaller cans with the storage bin legs in them. Rats are probably best taken care of with cats. I have a problem with that since I am allergic to cats and actually don't really like cats either... So maybe a rat-chasing dog?

What I wonder and worry about are what Jake refers to as "brownouts" and issues, I am sort of curious about what he fears???? Mehaps I don't really want to know??:ohmy:

Our ants will use linked ant bodies to form a bridge over water.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Guy F. said:

Kill 'em with fire

I hate ants.  We have a joke that they followed me here, and their army intel forwards my location to the nearest colony whenever I travel.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Tom, ask L to check the wording of the safety measures being taken.  They probably vary from city to city.  Where we are, certain essential businesses are allowed to remain open, such as grocery stores. 

Here in Iloilo, it seems the lockdown does not apply to essential services such as banks and supermarkets. 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

So true. Have to change the water every day.:biggrin:

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

So true. Have to change the water every day.:biggrin:

Maybe put some Bygone in that water, heheh.  Or in Tom's case, Tanduay.