Panic Buying-UK

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

my wife has been panic buying for 26 years...……..we always get 30 days worth of stuff,,,even when we were in the states......drives me nuts

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

my wife has been panic buying for 26 years...……..we always get 30 days worth of stuff,,,even when we were in the states......drives me nuts

Sorry Scott... but I think there is at least a bit of sanity to your wife's "panic" buying. maybe it is a bit excessive, but  my regimen for many years has been to always  have enough supplies on hand for at least a couple of months. I was like this even before setting sail in the yacht... 

I think we all have become a bit complacent that "government" or other's will take care of us. I only really trust myself and partner to take care of us. So maybe I am a bit of a survivalist? I can live with that moniker, if need be

Not meaning to disparage your comments, but just adding my own...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

but just adding my own..

no worries, my reasoning is that she is a child of martial law...…...where you never knew when everything would be closed 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

no worries, my reasoning is that she is a child of martial law...…...where you never knew when everything would be closed 

Hmmm... And I think we are back into a situation similar to that?

I can truly appreciate that. My parents were children and young adults of the Great Depression and WW II. .l So I gleaned some of my learning and habits from them... They always grew veggies in their small garden and canned everything always.

So now we are all learning that stores will be closed and facilities will not be available. This is truly a new episode in all of our lives, I believe. It is not the end of time, but I think just requires thoughtfulness, frugality and caring on all our parts... just my  feelings...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Stay safe people. :thumbsup:

89969989_254454882234165_218257481929850880_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Where was it that I was reading about expats in the Philipines who find something they like on the shelves and clean out all the stock with no thought towards the next guy who may want some?  Anyone feeling the shoe fit?

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I don't have the funds (to send the Mrs out) on such an exercise in selfishness.  

Edited by graham59

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Some places have hand sanitizer at the door and when they do, I get enough to wipe my hands and then the entire handle of the cart.

Tried to go to the old Royal yesterday afternoon.  It was packed so I passed.  It was the last day it will be open, for those interested.  The new Royal on Manila Ave. will remain open.  It is more wide open so you are not packed in like sardines at busy times.  Hours are 9-5.

I went to the Pure Gold Duty Free.  I have always like it because of the wide open warehouse design.  They were not that crowded.  Small lines.  They remain open 9-5.  Stocks were not bad.  Low on a few things.  Lots of canned goods.  I increased my stock of canned chili.  Family beware.

At the entrance of PG, the guard gives you two small sprays of sanitizer.  Not really enough.  So I had to whip out my sanitizer and give my hands and the card a good cleaning.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Anyone feeling the shoe fit?

Nope... Just what we need and nothing more... We loathe hoarders...

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I got a case of 1 liter bottles of Rum before xmas, am I classed as a hoarder? Better to have, than to have not.:shooter:

• Like 2